Who's going to CAAS 2016?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Who's going to CAAS 2016?

Postby GaryMaddox » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! I checked drive time for me and it is a 10+ hour drive. Even though I hate to fly anymore, that's the only way I will have time. I look forward to seeing some of you there.
GaryMaddox

Postby John Knowles » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:59 am

Looking forward to seeing you at CAAS, Gary. The law has changed and the airlines have to allow your guitar in the overhead if there is room. I've had good luck with Southwest. John
John Knowles

Postby russcochran » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:44 pm

John Knowles, help me. I can't remember the name of a song from the 1930s that WAS NOT on CHESTER AND LESTER or GUITAR MONSTERS. But Chet mentions the name of a song and Les says "Oh, I like that one". Where did I hear that?
and what was the song?
russcochran

Re the book CHET ATKINS--ME AND MY GUITARS

Postby russcochran » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:22 pm

I can hardly believe that it was fifteen years ago when my brother Michael and I arrived in Nashville with our
new book: CHET ATKINS---ME AND MY GUITARS. Mark gave us a table in the lobby and we set up and put the new book on the table, with the price tag of $150. Most of the people who stopped to look at the book had never paid that much for a book before. And most of them, after they had thought it over, ended up buying the book there at that
first convention in 2001. That $150 book is now worth at least $300, if anyone has a copy to sell let me know.
russcochran

Postby Harold Payne » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:22 pm

Greetings Gary - This will be my 22nd consecutive attendance at CAAS and all I can say is that I have had the good fortune to hear the best guitar players in the world! From the master Chet, John Knowles, and the other CGP's , to highly recognized players in all musical genre's. All have been exciting to see and listen to. Attending the workshops in a close-up venue vs watching performers at a distance on a stage is a real plus! Over the years I have made some life long friends at CAAS and look forward each year to seeing those that are still able to attend. I found out during attendance in early years that there is just a world of great guitar pickers out there that are probably unknown outside their residental area. They may be found in the Palmers pickers room, in the lobby, on the veranda, or maybe behind a bush somewhere at the Music City Sheraton. If you are a guitar lover, I would encourage you to make plans to attend and I would hope that you find the same enjoyment that I have experienced over the years. Dr. Mark Pritcher and his staff have worked diligently each year to make CAAS a memorable event, and they deserve unending thanks. On closing, upon departing CAAS after hearing all the good players and acknowledging my skill level, this feeling comes over me to burn my guitars. It's only temporary though, I arrive home with a fully charged battery and anticipating the next CAAS. Best wishes, Harold UGP (Uncertified Guitar Player)
Harold Payne

Postby Eddie Estes » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:46 pm

I'll be there! Not that that's a big deal for others but I will be there! :D
Eddie Estes

Postby DagerRande » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Eddie, that's a HUGE deal for me! Looking forward to seeing you again!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby J J Harmon » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm deciding. Cost me dues, convention, food and $30 diesel. I just went Fri last year. Good to see all my friends but Sat is a waste.
J J Harmon

Postby DagerRande » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:42 am

J.J., My only interest in Saturday is the possibility of a workshop that I may be interested in. Things have certainly changed since we lost Chet!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins