Chords for bridge to Winter Walkin'?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Chords for bridge to Winter Walkin'?

Postby DickThomas » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:09 am

Palmer, I forgot to add that Bill Raymond has the chords right according to the copies I have. He just plays them better and more smoothly than I do.

Dick
DickThomas

Re: Chords for bridge to Winter Walkin'?

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks for the offer, Dick, but I have it, now. Plus, it's easier to play capoed (computer says that ain't a real word) up to D or Eb... ;)

This is one of those tunes that seemed difficult (and, still is to get completely "ding" free) when I tried it back 20 years ago when I first started to take this sport seriously. (I was 55.) There was always somebody around in my guitar club, or at CAAS that could play this - so, I just chorded (my computer says that ain't a real word, either) along - of curse, getting lost on the bridge. I actually looked back into this tune because I was having such a devil of a time playing those first few 3rd harmonies in the melody of My Town. I thought "there's another one I had a tough time on" and started working on this one. Not the same riff - actually a little easier for me - now that I knew exactly where the melody notes were - and, with Katelyn's help - how to pluck them.

All great fun, though,

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins