Tommy Emmanuel Burnsville MN

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Tommy Emmanuel Burnsville MN

Postby jdrpicker22 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:30 pm

I went and saw Tommy Emmanuel for the first time last night it was awesome. Best arranged show 1st have solo Tommy 2nd half Christmas music with Pat Bergeson John Knowles C.G.P and Annie Sellick. Tommy was playing a cutaway Maton 808, he said his old guitar (orange Mouse I believe) was put into the Musicians Hall of Fame. He didn't have the Yellow Mouse (I wanted to see it in person). Unfortunately didn't get to meet him but seeing him in real life was so incredible, almost had to pinch myself. And John Knowles and Pat Bergeson as well. Get tickets if he is near you, it is very worth it. I had said to my Dad just before the show began "I hope he plays Hope Street." He walks out on stage and the first song he tears into was Hope Street, very cool. It was life changing.
jdrpicker22

Re: Tommy Emmanuel Burnsville MN

Postby Roger Pratt » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:33 pm

Very envious here! I have seen him probably 12 times but that is not enough!! Glad you got to see him.
Roger Pratt

Postby GaryL » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sure it was great and I will be on the lookout for Tommy in New England. It's hard for our hero's to bring all their guitars with them. One time I saw Chet and I told him I wished he had his Delvechio for the show, he said he was sorry he didn't have it and maybe next time.
Keep on picking!
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Saw him here in Columbus, Ohio last night. As you suggested - he was awesome! Going back for another dose of TE, tonight.....

Palmer

PS A guitar music week from heaven here in Columbus this past week. Richard Smith House Concert last Weds - and, Tommy TWICE this week! Yea, yea - I know - you thought you didn't like me, before.... :D
Pickin Palmer

Return to Guitars and Equipment