video recording

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

video recording

Postby davidbrewer » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:40 pm

I would like to be able to video record my playing. Any suggestions of the best and least expensive way to get a good recording. Thanks, David
davidbrewer

Re: video recording

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:06 pm

I posted some videos on Youtube using my Canon digital camera video feature and it did the video fine, but the audio was not that good. You can check out the sound quality of them here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2FLEX ... gIGf9Gci5w

I bought a Zoom Q2Hd] on Ebay at a decent price and I've been playing with it and it does a good job of sound and video...do a GOOGLE search on the unit and check out the reviews. I'm satisfied with the video and sound...it's my playing that I'm working on. I'd like to post some more videos on YouTube and I will when I get the playing right...if I ever do. Check out this recorder...they say it's sound is good for audio alone if that's what you want. I've got several songs worked out to put out there, but I just have to get the urge to record the songs. I have just been messing with it to see what I can get out of it.
Take care,
Ray Bohlken

https://www.zoom-na.com/products/field- ... o-recorder
Ray Bohlken

Re: video recording

Postby DagerRande » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:35 am

David, I hope you find something. I've been wanting to do that for several decades and the best I've come up with for quality is a 16 year old kid using his dad's equipment putting me on YouTube in early January. I thought I'd start
a YouTube channel but, being at his mercy, I've learned not to depend on anyone else. Having your own equipment makes all the difference, especially when wanting to populate a YouTube channel!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Announcement and News