When you wish upn a star

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: When you wish upn a star

Postby Dwayne Monroe » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Hey Merle, Who are you, really. Most who post here have the guts to use their name and not hide behind some aka moniker or annoninimity. Using these tools does give you the ability to gather up trash and garbage and dole it out on the board. I'm sorry you didn't like my post. I was not trying to stir up any controversy, but rather. at David's request to post another piece of his work which I find facinating and beautiful. The addition of backing tracks or orchestra fill ins adds a lot to the music. I have told David that I will not post any more of his material. I don't know why he insisted on posting to the chetboard anyway. My feeling is that he could have made it big on his own merits. Trying to use the chetboard has just added a lot of misery to an already sore subject. And it has caused me to lose a valuable friend.

Stevek, you get your wish!

Dwayne
Dwayne Monroe

Postby Norm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Not everyone uses their real names on forums which is neither here nor there...

You said: "My feeling is that he could have made it big on his own merits."

In spite of what I've read on his board he oddly doesn't have any traction anywhere I have seen. No YouTubes of him being on any TV shows, that kind of thing... a lot of hero worship from his sycophants but that is to be expected...after all, it is his website,

Could it be that, no matter what he plays it sounds like a guy trying to play like Chet Atkins?

Guitarists who "make it big on their own merit" are guys like Merle, Chet, Jerry Reed, Lenny Breau, People who, rather than copy, came up with startling and refreshing new guitar styles.

People who play a lot like Chet can do well but they are still copyists of a sort.

He plays pretty good but he's no Chet Atkins... There are others who "do Chet" as well if not better than he without all the fancy backup tracks, just a bass part.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Tom Keller » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Why oh why does this topic bring this dead site back to life. I haven't seen anything in months of any note on this site. Why continue to beat a dead horse to dead for pity sakes either close this site or improve it. Right now its not being improved. IMHO.

Tom Keller
Tom Keller

Postby DagerRande » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:15 am

We "lost" this board months ago and only recently have gotten it back. I don't want to lose it again!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:56 am

DagerRande wrote:We "lost" this board months ago and only recently have gotten it back. I don't want to lose it again!

Amen to that Rande. I'd sure hate to go back to the delayed posting scheme.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Tompicks » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:03 am

Tom Keller wrote: I haven't seen anything in months of any note on this site.

Tom Keller

I think we have had some very interesting posts in the last few weeks, such as the one called "my first interest in Chet".
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:37 am

I would like to congratulate Tom and whoever else has invested so much time, effort and expense in keeping this forum alive – and, their finger on the delete/delay button – for finally allowing a David Paul thread to survive and “work itself out.” Many times in history (over and over, actually) mankind has discovered that dictatorships and censorship just don't/doesn't work. Besides, nobody forces anybody else to READ any of these threads – especially REPLIES to threads that have already offended them. If you don't like a subject, person, or music in a thread – just don't read it. Seems like a rather simple concept to me. But, every time this man's name or music comes up on this forum the same people continue to waste space to tar and feather him. Which, again, is their right to freedom of speech. I just don't read it – usually.

I'm sure “many” people around the world have learned not to like David Paul's tactics and antics – and, some of “us” deserve to more than others. Yet, none of “us” have ever come out here and participated in an attempt to tar and feather him.

So, why don't you guys give it a break. If a thread starts with David obviously in it – and, you don't like it – DON'T READ IT! And, for the sake of the Chetboard – DON'T REPLY TO IT! Instead, let's spend our time listening to more Chet (or, your other favorite guitarists) and practice those licks – that we'll never get.

Thanks again, Tom, for allowing it to happen all on it's own.

Palmer Moore – Organizer, Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club
Pickin Palmer

Postby Eddie Estes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Ok.
Eddie Estes

Previous

Return to Announcement and News