When you wish upn a star

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: When you wish upn a star

Postby Richard Hudson » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:21 am

I guess I'm not the only one with an "attitude that stinks." I believe those were the words I was told. Paul Yandell had many friends, and I was one of them. I would have taken a bullet for him if necessary. He was like the musical big brother I never had. So the crux of my "attitude stinks" goes back to all of the unkind things that were said to and about Paul by the blue guitar camp. I have refrained because I don't like to make enemies, but my feelings for Paul goes much deeper. The blue guitar player's skills are considerable, although nowhere near what they would like for us to believe, but it doesn't matter. It is all negated for my part. Paul Yandell was one of the kindest and most considerate human beings I have ever known, and I miss him terribly. As for his guitar skills, his position with Chet, and a great volume of work on his own, speaks for itself. So, if my attitude "stinks," you now know the reason why.

Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby Eddie Estes » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:46 am

With a lot of humbleness and treating Paul Yandell with the respect he deserved the person in questions life could have been a lot different.
He is a good player at leas from the tracks I have heard. I don't know about live.
But he has been told all of these points.
Last edited by Eddie Estes on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie Estes

Postby DagerRande » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:05 pm

Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot and get shut down again!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Dwayne Monroe » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:07 pm

For rkk2687:
Micah,
Are you absolutely certain that the accusations you have made in response to my post are positively true? Did David make fraudulent requests to his investors and abscond with the funds and did he leave a chartered bus loaded with his fans abandoned and left to their own resourcefulness to pay for their rides home? And are there other situations that I should be aware of before advocating for him? If so, I need to reevaluate my friendship with him.

I thank you very much if you will take the time to answer my inquiry.
Dwayne Monroe
dmonroe819@msn.com
Dwayne Monroe

Postby rkk2786 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:47 pm

https://www.facebook.com/Fingerstyle-Gu ... /timeline/

There are two people who I wont name that was on that bus trip, who are on this board, who have first hand knowledge about the Ohio trip. Check out the link at what people are saying, it's other people saying these things. And there is another man who attend the CAAS that people know that says he hit him up for money as well.
rkk2786

Postby rkk2786 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Here is another one from You Tube

meangene1000 9 months ago
David, could you please return the money I gave you for your proposed PBS Special. You said you would if it didn't get produced. Thank you. Gene I.
rkk2786

Postby rkk2786 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:01 pm

meangene1000 9 months ago
A couple of years ago I spoke with David and agreed to give him a significant amount of money for his proposed PBS Special. David indicated that if the project did not go thru, all monies would be returned. Well, the project did not get produced. And unfortunately, I never heard from David and never got my money back. Basically, he disappeared.

It's good to know that he's back. Therefore, could you please let him know for me that I would like my money returned. It is a lot of money and since I'm retired, I need the funds.

I regret to say that David acted very unprofessionally regarding this issue. He never called to advise me of the status of the project. I tried everything to contact him, including calling PBS. Nothing worked. Basically, he took my money and disappeared. I never expected this from such a well-known professional.

Could the webmaster please let me know what the status of this issue is after you speak with David.

Thank you for your help.
rkk2786

Postby rhirvine » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:15 am

I will say what I've said on DP's board. Even if what you all have said is true-I still like listening to David Paul's playing more than all the other guitarists whom I admire. And there are several close seconds to him. I have no way of truly knowing or proving his guilt or innocence in these matters but I really, really enjoy his guitar playing, and that's what matters most to me.
rhirvine

Postby HeyMerle » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:30 pm

rhirvine wrote:I will say what I've said on DP's board. Even if what you all have said is true-I still like listening to David Paul's playing more than all the other guitarists whom I admire. And there are several close seconds to him. I have no way of truly knowing or proving his guilt or innocence in these matters but I really, really enjoy his guitar playing, and that's what matters most to me.

Your post seems to say; even though someone may be a lying thief, as long as he is a good guitar player, he's ok with you?

Sorry, thats just wrong. There are several accusations from a variety of people, combined with downright bizarre behavior that overshadow whatever talents he may have on the guitar.

And he STILL never posts any straight up playing videos. They are always weird overdubbed things in the studio or him playing with tracks of some sort of another. SInce he touts himself and some sort of second coming, the least he could do is show his chops in an unedited playing situation.

One of the stranger things about the whole situation is that his so called "fans" never demand to see him alone with a guitar run through a few songs just to show he can do it. I have a suspicion that a lot of posts on his message board are made by him or a few others that he has pushing things for him.

I feel sorry for people who really have convinced themselves that he is some sort of great guy/player. They are being conned. Sad really.
HeyMerle

Postby stevek » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Dwayne,

Why do you do this and what are you trying to prove. in my opinion, the only thing that you proved is that you have the ability to stir up controversy. I, for one, do not appreciate it at all.

Stop it already.
stevek

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement and News