Jean

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Jean

Postby GaryL » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:05 am

I was able to share my arrangement of the great song by Rod McKewen "Jean" on the gretschpages. Here is a link (if I do this correctly). I tried to use some of Chet's learnings on my arrangement including the harmonic lick.
I hope you can listen to it.
Thanks,
GaryL

Jean Link:
http://gretschpages.com/forum/your-tunes/jean/51691/page1/

If I didn't do the link properly above, it's on the A/V section at gretschpages.
GaryL

Re: Jean

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:11 am

I know I'm not real good at finding things on the net - but, I can't find your vid, Gary...

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby GaryL » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:16 am

Hi Palmer,
I'm the same way. If you click on the link I posted and scroll down to Deed's comments, click on JEAN in her comments.
That should play the mp3 for you. I tried and it just worked for me. I'm not able to post the mp3 here.
Thanks for trying.
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Richard Hudson » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:46 am

Gary really does a good job on this tune. I don't know how to find a direct link to the mp3, but if you click on the link he provided above, and then just look at the second article in the thread under Deed Eddy, and she has a link there to click on. btw, Deed Eddy, as in Duane Eddy's wife. She is a great help to all of us.
Richard Hudson

Postby Roger Pratt » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Mighty purty Gary!!
Roger Pratt

Postby BobFrye » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Here's the link:

Very nice pickin' Gary!

Bob F.
BobFrye

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Great sound, great work Gary .......
Just a shame not to see you play in the video.

I also try to play it ............... :D

Ciao, Paolo
Spadaro Paolo

Postby GaryL » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Thank you all for the nice comments.
Bob, Thanks for helping with the mp3!
Paolo, I will try to do a video one of these days. I get very nervous doing that and it will take a lot more practice!

On this song I used my 6120, Audacity and a VAMP3 I've owned for about a month. I recorded the VAMP3 dry and added the delay/echo effects available in Audacity. Also, I tried to mix the song so it sounds good TO ME in my car. To do that, I shifted the left channel by about 30 ms. Doing this allows me to hear the right channel a fraction of a second earlier than the left channel, but not as an echo. This makes the sound appear to come from the left and right door speakers instead of directly from the middle speaker on my dashboard. When I hear it directly from the middle speaker - I don't like it at all. I'm very happy with the different sounds I can get from the VAMP3 and it's the best $100.00 I've spent in a long time (I have nothing to do with the VAMP3 company). I only post this for fun as others have shared their own equipment experiences.

If you really want to appreciate how great Chet was, try to write an arrangement. That's what I do a lot of now and it is very humbling. Chet was the best!

GaryL
GaryL

Return to Announcement and News