Kicky cover(CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Watch and share videos from youtube

Kicky cover(CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:50 am

Hello to all .......

Today I want to share with you the cover of "KICKY" by Jerry Reed and arranged by Mr.Atkins in his 1964 album
"Progressive Pickin" (In one of my first video, there was another song on this album: LOVE LETTERS).

I heard this song hundreds of times ............ I really like the part of glissandos and chords, before the scale on the low strings.

Special thanks to Eddie Estes, thanks to him I had the opportunity to study the song meticulously.

It is executed, not without errors, with the help of my fantastic GRETSCH 6122-1959 and with the help of Band in a Box,
also appears in the video my tube amp RIVERA CHUBSTER.

http://youtu.be/pKp_gp8ZfsE

I hope you like it, let me know your thoughts.

Greetings from Italy ....... CIAO A TUTTI.

PAOLO SPADARO
Spadaro Paolo

Re: Kicky cover(CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Postby Tompicks » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks for posting this one - I remember Richard Smith playing this once up close at one of the conventions, nice job!
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby Roger Pratt » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:19 pm

Really great picking Paolo!!!
Roger Pratt

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:29 am

Tom and Roger thanks ......... I could do much better, there are many imperfections. :) :) :)
Spadaro Paolo

Postby DagerRande » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 am

You chose a difficult one to play smoothly, Paolo but I was very impressed! That middle part is difficult, isn't it? I'm also impressed that you are even interested in learning these songs at your age! What do your friends think?
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Chuck » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:45 am

Paolo, really good stuff. Enjoyed this, the tone, the playing, the interpretation. Keep them coming!!!! thanks!
Chuck

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks Chuck, however, I could do better ................

Rande, I love guitar and fingerstyle, especially love the world of CHET ATKINS also because fingerstyle = Chet Atkins .............
The "fault" of all this is due to the good soul of my late master (called like me, Paul) great musician and globetrotter ......
He coached me over the instrument to good music:

Django Reinhardt
Wes Montgomery
Chet Atkins
Los Indios
Barney Kessel
Joe Pass
Baden Powell

and many many more .........

Study and listen to many of their arrangements, but what really caught me, you know who he is;
when I found out that those songs were played by one person, I wanted to investigate everything '..........

Each Chet's song is a masterpiece, even a few notes are the right ones and play with the right sound and the right touch.

I also play many other pieces of many other fingerstyle guitarists, but CHET is CHET.

Thanks again for the kind words, I'm just a fan of the music of Atkins ..................

Ciao, PAOLO SPADARO.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby GaryL » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Paolo,
A beautiful performance and tone on a great tune. I agree with your appreciation of Chet's influence on the guitar world - very well said.
Regards for the US!
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:34 am

Paulo, I liked your playing on this one and you got a great tone, too. I think you speak for all of us when you talk about Chet and his influence and his playing. It sure was great to be around during his life. I remember waiting for the latest Chet album to come out and I was pretty quick to own it and enjoy it. I sill listen to the vinyl and CDs often. I sold off most of my vocal and rock LPs, but kept all of the guitar oriented ones and enjoy those - Chet Atkins, Merle Travis, The Ventures, Johnny Smith, and many others that you mentioned. I've worn out several turn tables in my life and the last one I got was at a yard sale in perfect working order. Hope it holds up awhile.
Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks Gary and Ray,I'm really glad you like what I do ..........
See you soon.

PAOLO.
Spadaro Paolo

Return to Video Files