Zoom MS-70 CDR Pedal help

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Zoom MS-70 CDR Pedal help

Postby billmoit » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Based on some posts here I purchased the Zoom MS 70 pedal. The instruction book sucks. I have learned how to adjust their parameters but how do you combine 2 parameters into one effect?

I want to start with my slap back delay and then add a little chorus to it for the second effect. Then I want to hit the switch again and have a tremolo added to the delay with the chorus.

Any help would be appreciated.
billmoit

Re: Zoom MS-70 CDR Pedal help

Postby Norm » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:49 pm

I'm not going to be much help because I don't have one of these to fool with but I did look up the manual

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/666934 ... tml#manual

and see it's more fooling around than I would ever want to get into.

I did one quick look on YouTube and they have a couple of demo vids there which may help you out. The guy on one vid claims multiple pre-sets can be run simultaneously so it is likely you're missing one kernel of information that will set you free

I dunno... some of those gadgets have so many effects on them that they get to be overwhelming and end up as doorstops but that's just me. I'm happy with a simple echo pedal
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby billmoit » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:34 pm

Thanks Norm. I thought about trying youtube in the morning. I always have a little slap back delay on but sometimes want to add a little tremolo. Then if I want to do some Duane Eddy a little Detune or Chorus added gives a good effect. I just play for fun.

I took my 6122-59 to Joe Glasser in Nashville and he built a RMC synth access into it and it looks factory installed. Then I can use a Roland GR 20 to be kind of like a 1 man band.

I did get the new pedal to give me the same delay that my Boss pedal did. Im trying to eliminate 4 different pedals and go to a smaller pedal case.

Thanks again and really hoping for your book someday.
billmoit

Postby Norm » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:33 am

I had a friend buy a handheld recording device that had him stumped and frustrated. I downloaded the manual and spent two weeks figuring out how to use the thing without having it in my hands and prepared notes. When he finally brought it to me I had hit all the right modes and he was fit and ready to go in twenty minutes

That was a recording device so, of course, I just needed to figure out how they put a recorder in a solid state stick. It had to have buttons to make it function like a tape deck so logic prevailed

THIS thing is altogether different and I wish you luck

I would never be able to figure it out without having it in hand.

Agreed about the book. Having a bit of a lag right now. Their protocol makes the cover first and we're having problems finding suitable appropriate photos for them to manipulate

seems endless...
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby bill park » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Bill –

I use the MS70CDR, and like it a lot, but it does have a bit of a learning curve for programming. It took me a while, but once I learned the procedure, I was able to set up several custom settings (and I am not very tech-savvy).

Page 12 of the manual explains how to “Add an effect” to a pre-existing effect. Those instructions will allow you to, for example, add chorus to one of the delay settings. I believe the unit accommodates up to 5 or 6 simultaneous effects, but I have found that 2 or 3 work the best.

Good luck (and have patience!) playing with the unit. It is complicated, but once you figure it out, it becomes rather intuitive. And it really sounds good, too!

Bill
bill park

Postby billmoit » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks Norm and Bill. This gave me what I needed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWJ3ZelxPT4

I have played with toy trains since I was six so figuring things out usually comes easy to me but this pedal got me down. I now have it doing what I wanted it to do. Slap back delay, spring reverb, and tremolo. The you tube video made it work for me.

I really like having our real time posting back. I think it will save the Chetboard. I have always been grateful for the posts here and they have helped me upgrade my equipment over the years.

Bill
billmoit

Return to Guitars and Equipment