Beat Buddy Side man, $299.00

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Beat Buddy Side man, $299.00

Postby FWoodard » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:04 am

Does anyone have any input on this sideman? Does it work well? Problems Etc?
Appreciate your comments... Thanks, FWoodard
FWoodard

Re: Beat Buddy Side man, $299.00

Postby BillB » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:01 pm

I don't know anything about them, other than what is shown on their video. Seems like it could be a pretty cool thing.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Norm » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:17 am

I'm not exactly sure how they're set up to work but my take on the "problem" (if it can be called that) is using such things with taste and restraint. Some people get enthralled with their new gadget and "to get their money's worth" run them in a distracting manner. Some of the demos struck me as being just that. A similar thing happens when people use just a little too much echo.

Most of us here, being its a "chetboard" are finger style guitar player and the art of the guitar needs to be floated atop bass lines put down by bass players or rhythm input from drummers, IMO.

Back in the day when I did solo gigs I used a drum machine for certain songs. I don't know how the 'Beat Buddy' works but the old style drum machines are unforgiving and you must play to and for them they will not adjust to you like a human would.

I look forward to what others have to say about this... it's an interesting topic
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby FWoodard » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:53 am

Thanks for the input Guys. Thought this tool might be something solo players could use. Regards, FWoodard
FWoodard

Return to Announcement and News