Not much activity

Watch and share videos from youtube

Not much activity

Postby Art Sims » Mon May 25, 2015 4:02 pm

Haven’t posted here for a while but have looked in from time to time with interest to see what was going on. To my surprise, when I looked today, I saw just two items of active topics for the last seven days. Seven days is the default, I think, or at least comes up when I come to this website. I’ve been following this site for a long time and have never seen just two items before. I’m sorry to see things fading away,
I guess I’m at least partly to blame for not participating. So here’s something from me that I could have posted earlier but didn’t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyjkvCI8e9Q

I very much enjoy the songs and comments I get to see here and always look forward to what I might find.
Art
Art Sims

Re: Not much activity

Postby Norm » Thu May 28, 2015 1:20 am

It worries me from a personal perspective...

The book I wrote

Paul Yandell, Second to the Best, … a Sideman’s Chronicle.

is still being processed by Schiffer Publishing. I have had recent exchange with the editorial staff there and, while the process is grindingly slow, it is still in motion.

I'm really counting on this site to spread the word when The Project gets done and it is released.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Chuck » Thu May 28, 2015 5:06 am

Art I really enjoyed that. Inspirational. The fact that you arranged it yourself is even more impressive. I agree on the lack of posts on the board. Look forward to checking, but it seems to have trailed off. No talk of CAAS which is around the corner. Chuck/Cincinnati
Chuck

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu May 28, 2015 8:19 am

That was really nice, Art. Love the tone.

Thanks,
Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby rhirvine » Thu May 28, 2015 9:36 am

Very beautiful arrangement and playing. Thanks for posting it.
rhirvine

Postby Harold Payne » Thu May 28, 2015 11:33 am

Very well done Art. Your music is inspiring and uplifting. Keep the videos coming. I too have noticed a reduction in posts and also share in the blame for it. I hope that some of the younger pickers will become more engaged in continuing Chet's legacy on this website. God Bless...Harold Payne, Bham Al
Harold Payne

Postby ajbremer » Thu May 28, 2015 12:00 pm

That sounded great Art. Can you proficiently read tab?
ajbremer

Postby Tom Workman » Thu May 28, 2015 1:40 pm

Hey, Art, that was beautiful... love your arrangement. I'm curious as to the make and model of the guitar you're playing. God bless. -Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby GaryL » Fri May 29, 2015 5:59 pm

That was beautiful Art. Love your arrangements and tone always. I agree the board is a bit slow at the moment. Looks like there are many viewers and no posters including me. I'm going to post a tune soon I've been working on.
Regards,
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat May 30, 2015 10:03 am

Art, you did a great job. I enjoyed the video and your arrangement. You got a great tone, too. I always look forward to your posts. I agree that there is a real slow down in the activity here. I sure hate to see it slow to a crawl. I check it every day and I post when there is something neat I find or see a video I enjoy. Take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Next

Return to Video Files