Bruce Keener has passed away

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Bruce Keener has passed away

Postby PhilHunt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:02 am

Just thought I'd let folks know, I checked facebook this morning to find out via Richard Smith that Bruce Keener (who always posted his videos of his fine picking here on the chetboard), has passed away. Condolences to his family. He always spoke of his love for his wife that he loss years ago. At last they are together again.
PhilHunt

Re: Bruce Keener has passed away

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:40 am

Deepest condolences to his family !!!!!!!

I will miss his music ......

Paolo.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby BillB » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:09 am

I was saddened to hear about Bruce, and I'm glad that Richard went to visit with him while he was still with us. He sure seemed like a real good guy just from knowing him here and on Facebook.

RIP Bruce Keener

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Steve Moran » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:17 am

Phil and Steve,
Thanks for posting - sorry to hear this. He did post a lot and I know he'll be missed on the Chetboard. Our prayers are with you and your family Bruce.
Steve Moran
Steve Moran

Postby GaryL » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:15 am

Very sad news. I always enjoyed Bruce's guitar work, ideas and comments on the Chetboard. He will be missed. My condolences.
RIP Bruce.
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Hendrik » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:27 am

RIP Bruce. I always was stunned by his arrangements and ideas he worked out.
Hendrik

Postby Chuck » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:24 am

I will miss Bruce. We had a few off line email conversations, and he was always encouraging, and as stated above, had great ideas. Chuck/Cincinnati
Chuck

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:41 pm

I also learned of Bruce's passing on Facebook and have been reading the responses from the Chetboard as well. I never had the opportunity to meet him in person but shared several personal email messages with him. During most of those emails we discussed his father and mother George & Dottie, his early days traveling around North Georgia and Western NC to various churches where he played guitar as part of their trio. His father was not only an accomplished guitar player but a talented artist having numerous landscape paintings to his credit. Bruce was an alumnus of Georgia Tech, a talented guitarist, and family man. RIP Bruce.
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby Dwayne Monroe » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:43 pm

I am truly sorry to hear this sad news. Bruce was a far greater player than he gave himself credit for. I always admired his hands and the combinations of chords he could reach easily or so it appeared. I know he missed his wife terribly for every so often he would mention her in his posts. RIP Bruce
Dwayne
Dwayne Monroe

Postby Tom Keller » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:05 am

So sorry to hear of Bruce's passing. He was a very good guitar player and a good guy.

Tom Keller
Tom Keller

Next

Return to Announcement and News