Bruce Keener passed away

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Bruce Keener passed away

Postby Oddsteven » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:24 am

I just read on Facebook that he died yesterday. Great picker.

Steve Cowles
Oddsteven

Re: Bruce Keener passed away

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:58 am

This is so sad. He was such a nice man and a great guitar "thinker" and player. I sure will miss his thoughts and ideas.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby albertgen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:45 pm

I am very sorry to hear about Bruce. He was a great friend and a great guitar player. He will be missed. Al
albertgen

Postby DagerRande » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Yes, I'm glad that I spent a day with Bruce a while back when I was visiting my sister nearby. He was a great "idea man".
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby bill_h » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:05 am

I'm saddened to find this out. I was thinking about Bruce and his music earlier today.

Even though I never met Bruce in person I still consider him a friend from swapping messages here on the board, an occassional email, and a couple of telephone conversations.

For some time now I've been having to drive a truck for a living so I can afford to play the guitar. Bruce and I had talked about meeting for lunch in Atlanta sometime when I was passing through. Unfortunately I don't get dispatched down that way too often and out infamous lunch never happened.

Adjusting to life on the road was tough on me at first and swapping an occasional email with Bruce or a message here on the board was one of the things that helped me keep my head on straight. I always looked forward to his video postings and his music speaks for itself! He created some really nice tunes and I'm surprised more people are not playing them. If I ever get to where I can trade those 18 wheels in for a normal life and get to pick up a guitar on a regular basis, I'm gonna steal Bruce Keener blind! I'll steal every one of his licks if I can catch them.

Hopefully Bruce is reunited with his beloved Vicki who I know he missed dearly. Deepest condolensces to Bruce's family and friends. Know that there are those of us here on the Chetboard who held him and his music in high regard.
bill_h

Postby David Elliott » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:51 am

Sorry to learn of Bruce's passing, he possessed a great talent, and in many respects very similar to Jerry Reed.

R.I.P. Bruce...

David Elliott
Simi Valley, California
David Elliott

Postby Tom Workman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:02 pm

What a shock to read this. Bruce and I communicated from time to time via private message. He seemed like such a nice man and was a gold mine of ideas when it came to original tunes as well as his arrangements of covers. Condolences to his family. -Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby jay » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Bruce was a very kind and gentle man. He had a very interesting upbringing with a musical family that was fascinating. It was obvious that he struggled immensely with the void left in his life, after his wife passed. I am sure he looked forward to the day they could be reunited.
jay kantor
jay

Return to Announcement and News