My first video on You Tube

Watch and share videos from youtube

My first video on You Tube

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:48 pm

I posted a video of a TV theme song medley that I recorded awhile back. I finally got around to trying to put it on the You Tube site. I used a CANON digital camera to record the song and the sound is not all that great but I don't have another video camera - don't you know? I always enjoy watching videos that people here post and I always wanted to post some of my playing one day. Today is the day. The medley is Tim Allen's Home Improvement, The Theme from Cheers, The Theme from the Old Andy Griffith Show, and the Theme from Law and Order. It's a fun group of songs to play. I hope you all like them. Take care.
Ray

http://youtu.be/ZwFcyQcSHBY

Here is a link to the rest of my videos. I sure had fun playing them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2FLEX ... gIGf9Gci5w
Last edited by Ray Bohlken on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Bohlken

Re: My first video on You Tube

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:23 pm

Mighty fine job Ray! You should post more.
Roger Pratt

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Thanks, Roger. I appreciate it. I am working on some other songs, but I am going to try to get a better tone if I post any others. It sure is fun to play this style. Take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Ray, I'm so glad that you've posted this! You and I both need to contribute more! You've been such a great supporter of those of us here on the board and you've inspired me now do record and do more!

thanks!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:15 am

Rande, thanks for checking out the video. I enjoyed yours, too. You did a great job of playing and the video and audio were first class... a great overall job. Mine was essentially a series of video selfies but I had a good time doing them. I'd like to see more of your playing and I enjoy the videos that others have posted. It's a great style to try and play and it's also fun. I'm working on some other songs - that's by way of a warning :) - and I hope I can get a better tone next time. Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Hello Ray, great job !!!!!
The sound of Gibson Tennessean is really great, excellent guitar for many kinds of music and especially for fingerstyle ...... Among the many guitars in my possession, she is part of it but often the neglect, mine is red wine and you can hear in the video posted here, take cover five !!!!!

Keep it up, do not stop. Hello from Italy.

Paolo.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby DagerRande » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:14 pm

Ray, I'd have more posted but I don't want to have to depend on a 16 yr. old kid every time I want to record. I'll probably end up accepting a lower quality and just do a "selfie" like you were talking about. I've already been criticized for it not looking "natural" so maybe that's what I should do for my next one.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Thanks Paolo. I appreciate it. I really enjoy playing my Tennessean for the finger style music and the old time Ventures music which is what I play with some of my buddies when we get together for a jam session. We have a lot of fun. I also like playing the Nashville Classic for finger style, too. I liked your video with the Tennessean a lot. It was great to see some one else playing one. I'm still working on a few more songs and the sound quality and I may post some more down the road. It was fun. I look forward to seeing your next video, too. Take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:05 am

Rande, I thought that you looked focused and purposeful...like you were in performance mode. That's how it seemed to me. It showed in your playing, too, that you were concentrating on the task at hand and it was a great piece. I had my usual facial ticks while I was playing and while I was figuring out what I was going to play in a couple of them selfies! :)
Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby jdrpicker22 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:43 am

Sounds good man. Mighty fine pickin' very nice guitar too!
jdrpicker22

Next

Return to Video Files