Zoom G3 Effects Pedal Anyone?

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Zoom G3 Effects Pedal Anyone?

Postby rob » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:23 am

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the Zoom G3 effects pedal, i believe it has some good delays and reverbs in there?
http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/g3/
Thanks
Rob(UK)
rob

Re: Zoom G3 Effects Pedal Anyone?

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:15 am

Rob,
In my opinion it's one of the best pedals out there. It's very user friendly, it sounds great and it's quiet. I used one to record my Christmas CD. It has a usb interface so you can record direct. Zoom products had a bad reputation because the early model pedals we cheap plastic junk. The pedals they are making now are top quality. The G3 series is great, designed with the guitarist in mind. I had one for a few years. I sold mine recently to buy a $300 Fender Mustang III version 2 amp. I love the amp. It does everything in one package, but for a stand alone pedal I would definitely recommend the Zoom!
guitarchuck

Postby bill park » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:22 am

Rob -
I recently sold my Zoom A2.1u effects pedal, but it was well-built and served me well for a few years. Chuck is right, Zoom has improved their quality a lot and their new products are top-notch. I'm looking at the G3X also, but I don't need amp modeling or distortion, which so many of the multi-effects pedals seem to be burdened with. So I am more attracted to the Zoom MS-70CDR pedal, simply because it contains only the effects I'm looking for - reverb, delay, and chorus.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/ms-70cdr

Good luck with your search!
Bill
bill park

Postby DagerRande » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Bill, I'm with you regarding the effects that I'm most attracted to. The multiple types of distortion have no place in what I play, though they are a great help in disguising mistakes...lol. Just watch any teenage kid in a music store!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby LMark » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:45 pm

Chuck, does either the G3 or the Mustang III have an LA-2A compressor simulation in it? LMark
LMark

Postby gmoseley » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Bill and Rande,
I'm with you guys on that pedal,,,looks like it would be exactly what "we" are looking for. has anybody on here used one? I wondered about the quality of the effects but also know that Zoom has really started making some high quality units these days. Being able to adjust the reverb "tail" is an interesting feature. I think Martin Taylor has a high-power reverb unit he records some of his videos with and you can hear that reverb, ever so slightly drifting on over into his next bar when he plays,,sounds great of not overdone. (its probably something else rather than this specific unit, but its the same effect)
I may try one of these, with all the options available on the unit it would be fairly inexpensive - - gosh, if you bought something like this 20 years ago it would have cost a fortune!
Gayle
gmoseley

Postby Toni » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:54 pm

I have not tried it but I read that was rated as high-quality device and especially echo is appreciated.You can check here,
http://charliehall.proboards.com/
and here
https://www.hallsecho.com/

Best Regards!
Toni
Toni

Postby bill park » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:07 am

gmoseley wrote:Bill and Rande,
I'm with you guys on that pedal,,,looks like it would be exactly what "we" are looking for. has anybody on here used one?
Gayle

Gayle -
I think I'll be getting one of these Zoom MS70 pedals to try out soon. I like that you can create, save, and rearrange your own customized settings. It's tough to find a reasonably priced multi-effects unit that doesn't have amp modeling and distortion hogging up storage space, so this seems like a good one to use for clean electric and/or acoustic fingerstyle.
Stay tuned,
Bill
bill park

Postby guitarchuck » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:00 am

LMark wrote:Chuck, does either the G3 or the Mustang III have an LA-2A compressor simulation in it? LMark

The G3 compressors:

Comp (MXR Dyna Comp), RackComp (more detailed adjustments than the Comp), & M Comp (compressor with a more natural sound).

Fender Mustang III v.2 compressors:

Compressor, & Simple Compressor (I use the Simple Compressor when I use one).
guitarchuck

Postby rob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks for your thoughs, yes the Zoom MS-70CDR does seem to fit the bill better not having the distortions. Its amazing how technology has become "quite cheap" so to speak. Purchased one of these last week so i could play straight into a small pa.....
http://www.amazon.com/Joyo-Vintage-Ampl ... B005M0TKL8
For the money the sound is amazing, you can buy them in different flavours, fendery, voxey, marshall.....i can turn up for a gig with one of these pedals and a delay pedal plug in and away. I think the days of hunking great heavy amps are becoming a thing of the past.
Thinking of buying the Zoom MS-70cdr later today, i'll let you know how it goes.
Regards
Rob(uk) :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ODh9_ab8pc
rob

Next

Return to Guitars and Equipment