Final Chetboard post

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: Final Chetboard post

Postby albertgen » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:42 am

I agree 100% of what the other Pickers are saying! Al
albertgen

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:25 pm

It is so sad that the Chet Board might be coming to a close. I always look forward to the posts and the videos that the good pickers share with us. It's nice to be able to "talk" to like minded friends and share our experiences. I guess I'll keep checking in as long as the link exists. I sure do not like the long delay between posting and having the post appear. It takes all of the immediacy out of the conversations. It really makes it kind of a chore to post here. Anyway, I hope it is not over and a new wave of enthusiasm overtakes us all. Fingers crossed...thumbs, too. :D
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:34 pm

I agree with all the previous posts ............

Chetboard is something unique, we all have something to share, and we all can learn from other ..............

I would hate to lose this resource (I am sorry when Jack Baker left this forum, now happens with Craig Dobbins and maybe others).

We avoid this to happen, let's do it to continue to live the good music.

PAOLO SPADARO.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby Chuck » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:05 pm

If bringing back an instant posting situation will keep some of the veteran pickers, (or any pickers) on this board I hope it happens.

Personally, I've never been offended by anything written on this board, maybe because if it didn't concern my interests (all things Chet) I just passed over it. "Real time" posting seems like a great idea to get back to. Just my 2 cents.
Chuck

Postby DagerRande » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:23 pm

Even before the approval requirement, this board was still MUCH less active than it was back in the old days with the old format and appearance. We used to have members buzzing with posts from all over! Then we went to this new format and things dwindled down to only a few in a day. Now with the approval process I see huge amounts of time passing with no posts at all.

I'm not against Facebook and other ways to stay connected but I'd rather stay in touch with this group of like minded members rather than to be thrown out into the world at large and maybe miss something.

If any of you have been missing out, Phil Hunt is a "treasure chest" of material that you'd never see any other way!

Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Eddie Estes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:28 pm

There is still much life that the Chetboard can do.
New videos of Chet are being found often and there is still much unreleased music by Chet sitting unreleased.

There is a purpose for this place. Let's find it again.
We can disagree from time to time lets just keep it civil.
Eddie Estes

Postby Norm » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:14 pm

We all know why this filtering condition commenced.

The site was being Trolled by supporters of a certain guitar player living near New Jersey who was touting himself as the heir apparent to the Chet Atkins "crown" and demanding that he be recognized as such. Being recognized as a good guitarist by myself and others Just Wasn't Good Enough so things got ugly.

If the board closes it will mean that the Troll has won.

What a waste...
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby PhilHunt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:06 pm

I think where all this started was with "mr. blue maestro". Ever since that last debacle before CAAS 2014, there's been a approval first setting. It totally doesn't make sense because the "resignation" was accepted. Once accepted, that individual should have been blocked...case closed.....and we move on. I might reconsider posting videos just to facebook and not the chetboard. We need to breath life back into this board. Chet's legacy needs to be kept alive. Paul would have wanted it that way. I really don't want to see the chetboard go away. But, in order for it not to.....admin or Tom NEEDS TO GET RID OF THE APPROVAL SETTING............AND SOON!
PhilHunt

Postby guitarchuck » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm

I miss real time posting too!
guitarchuck

Postby Hendrik » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:33 am

Agree with Eddie and the rest. Waiting for the post being approved isn't the right approach for a forum. It's all about (quick) interaction and if that even isn't possible, what's the fun of still posting?
Hendrik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement and News