Final Chetboard post

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Final Chetboard post

Postby craigdobbins » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Dear friends:

This will be my last post on the ChetBoard. It has been great to get to know and correspond with many of you as we shared the music of Chet Atkins, Merle Travis, Paul Yandell, Jerry Reed, and all the other great guitarists that Chet influenced or was associated with.

To keep up with my music and new projects, please visit my website: http://www.craigdobbins.com

I'm also on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/craig.dobbins.guitar

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Craig-Do ... 9404821357 (fan/musician page)

And Twitter:

https://twitter.com/craigbdobbins

Thanks to everyone through the years, and stay in touch. And long live the music and memory of our musical hero and friend, Mister Guitar, Chester B. Atkins!

Craig

http://www.craigdobbins.com

email: craig@craigdobbins.com
craigdobbins

Re: Final Chetboard post

Postby albertgen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:25 pm

Sorry to hear you go Craig, but I will keep up with you on the other sites! Al
albertgen

Postby DagerRande » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Craig, it has been great having you here with us. It does seem to be dying out. We did well to go nearly 14 years after losing Chet. I'll be in touch with you in other ways and hope to see you at CAAS this Summer!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Chuck » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:46 pm

I'll go on record and say I hope this doesn't die out (although I have to agree it seems like that is the trend). I check this board often, though seldom comment. It is an unending source of knowledge and inspiration, to me anyway.
Here is a link I recorded a couple years back, and didn't post it here as I had been concentrating and occasionally posting straight finger style tunes. Anyway, here is my humble version of Sleepwalk. Thanks, Chuck/Cincinnati
Chuck

Postby Steve Moran » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Craig,
Sorry to hear you go too. I too do hope this board continues and people want to share ideas and thoughts about Chet, Paul, and others! For me I have access to a computer at work so that's when I can post but am usually pressed for time so have had limited time to comment back but do look at the posts regularly. There may be others in the same situation that frequent the Chetboard. What Tom and others have started really seems like a great thing and hope it continues! We can learn a lot from guys like Craig, John Knowles, etc. Thanks for all your feedback! :)
Steve
Steve Moran

Postby Eddie Estes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:31 pm

The only way this board gets back on track and maybe survives is to let people freely post here without having to wait two days for what you post to appear.
Even with the occasional bickering the board had life. I have tried to express these opinions.

People want to be able to interact without having to wait. By the time your post shows up you have forgotten what you posted about.

I'll give it a few more weeks to change or I am outta here too.
Eddie Estes
Eddie Estes

Postby George Beasley » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:17 pm

Agree with Eddie. I loved the ChetBoard....but it is no fun anymore. I used to post on a regular basis and wou have responses in minutes. Now, I forget if I have posted.

Open it back up, Tom.

If you need help with moderation, ask one of us.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby Roger Pratt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:57 am

I agree with Eddie on this. This new posting rule has sucked all the life out of the CB. By the time your post gets approved, you have forgotten what you were posting about. There is no give and take anymore which to me was the heart of the CB. If things don't go back to the way they were then there is no point visiting a dead forum.
Roger Pratt

Postby PhilHunt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:19 am

The approval thing has snuffed out the life of this board. I have a bunch of new Chet and Jerry videos on youtube if anyone wants to see them "muzikman74". I would have posted them here but with the approval thing, I don't know when they would have appeared. I'll continue to check the chetboard from time to time but not as often. In order for this board to survive the approval feature needs to go away. I'm with Craig and Eddie, I post a lot of stuff on Facebook: pictures, videos, etc. I don't think I'll be posting them here anymore.
PhilHunt

Postby bill park » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:25 am

There seems to be a near-universal consensus that, in its current format, The Chetboard has just about run its course. I have enjoyed the camaraderie here over the years, and the free exchange of stories, ideas, opinions, and videos about Chet and his unique contribution to the world of guitar. The beauty of this forum is that everyone here is a Chet Atkins fan, and that certainly doesn't happen in most of our daily lives away from the internet! So it's been an invaluable resource for staying connected to each other through the miracle of technology. But this is the only forum I visit that has a waiting time to see if your post is appropriate to the discussion. I didn't like that policy when it was instituted, and I still don't. Perhaps it is time to find a new format for this great forum.
Thanks, Bill.
bill park

Next

Return to Announcement and News