Blueridge Br140

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Blueridge Br140

Postby jdrpicker22 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Hey guys, I was just checking out the forum and thought Id post this; I traded a guitar i had for a Blueridge Br 140 and to tell you the truth I got it in MAy or June and I have only played my electric probably a handful of times since.I love this guitar and since I havent been playing with a steady group I have done some solo stuff and I think solo guitar sounds better acoustic than electric, anyhow my Blueridge is like an addiction to me I cant put it down it plays so nice and has a great tone, (i actually sanded the shiny finish off so its more of a satin feel now and I can rub on it and do some Tommy E stuff, I put a piezo/ mic combo preamp in it and I plug into my Ibanez Troubador (old version) and just go to town. So if anybody looking for a good fingerpicking acoustic wouldnt hurt to try out a Blueridge, my only complaint is the headstock is so small the strings are really close together. Have a good day yall, Cheers!
jdrpicker22

Re: Blueridge Br140

Postby Roger Pratt » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:19 am

I have the same guitar that I bought in a pawn shop for $250 bucks. I installed a passive K&K Pure Mini pickup ($92.00) in it and it is the most natural sounding guitar that I have ever played. I'm like you, addicted to it. I would love a wider nut but I really don't have a problem playing it. It's a wonderful guitar and downright purty to boot!!
Roger Pratt

Postby RonBloor » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:52 am

I can only speak from hearsay.. but Blueridge guitars are a good bang for the buck. They are lightly built which tends to give them good sound, but like all acoustic guitars, it really depends on the woods that went into the individual guitar. I've had a couple of Eastman acoustics for years and really like them. I guess they are in the same vein as Blueridge guitars. I've always preferred the sound of an acoustic over an electric, well a solid body electric!
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby thumper » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:37 pm

I have been thinking about getting a blueridge for fingerpicking. I have a vintage d-28 (1950) and it sounds great but it's killing my hands. It's a great bluegrass guitar but the neck profile isn't the best for thumb picking. I like dreads and have a local blueridge dealer so I guess I need to go try some out. How is the neck profile and what's your setup like?
thumper

Postby jdrpicker22 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:02 pm

I like a high action on all my guitars, its even higher on my acoustic. Play with 12-54s so Its high and pretty tight. I installed a mic/piezo active preamp (love it) http://www.amazon.com/Vics-Acoustic-Gui ... and+preamp. I filed down the bridge and routered out the bridge deep to fit it in. (the repair guy at my local guitar center was speechless because he thought i did it wrong) but it sounds fabulous. When I got my guitar somebody had carved Peace and Love in the side, and actually I sanded the top down so it was more of a satin finish and I could do some Tommy E stuff. Another thing is these guitars can take a beating, they are very tough (Im not saying they could stand to pete townsend or jimi) but they are durable and sound amazing.
jdrpicker22

Return to Guitars and Equipment