Gospel guitarist here on the Chetboard

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Re: Gospel guitarist here on the Chetboard

Postby John Trahan » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:26 am

Count me in too Chuck. As a retired federal prison chaplain, I can tell you having a "captive" audience helped! I practiced on them for over 20 yrs every Sunday. Still playing in church whenever I can, but these folks can walk out ;)
John Trahan

Postby Paul Storm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:50 pm

I play most often in our praise band at church. I enjoy some of the contemporary songs, but some of the arrangements of the hymns are strange.
Paul Storm

Postby BillB » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:23 am

I'm a bit like Paul. I play a lot of guitar and a little bit of bass with the worship team at church. I also have a few instrumental hymns and Christmas carols that I play from time to time. I lead the worship at our yearly men's retreat. I play a lot of other music, but when I play in front of others, it's usually ministry related. Friday evening, I had a gig to play Texas tunes for a "welcome to Texas" party for international college students. Even though I didn't play Gospel music, it was for an international student ministry group. So, I guess the purpose has something to do with it. I may be a Gospel guitarist if...

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Greg Butler » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Count me among the number. The majority of my pickin' is done in our church services. My new cd is entitled "Offertory Time" and features the type music we present in the services at BBC of Monroe, GA.
Our sons, Joel and Stephen join with me in the services and are also on the cd. Joel is a fine bass guitarist
and Stephen has played piano with several of the best known southern gospel groups---Mike Speck Trio,
The Greenes, and The Mark Trammell Quartet. For the cd I also brought in Greg Tinsley on pedal steel---he
used to travel with Jim Ed Brown's "Nashville On the Road" show. Dr. Bruce Northam also played acoustic guitar
on a couple of tunes, as well as adding some fiddle.
Greg Butler

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:30 am

Greg,
How do we order your new CD? I need to get one!
guitarchuck

Postby RonVermillion » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi Chuck,

I'm a newbie here but just about all the performing I do any more is playing lead with our church choir band.

BIg Ron
Thanks

Big Ron
YouTube = Big Ron 21st
RonVermillion

Previous

Return to Guitars and Equipment