When you wish upon a star cover(CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Watch and share videos from youtube

When you wish upon a star cover(CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Hello Guys .................

I continue my favorite hobby which is to try to play the songs of the Great Chet Atkins .........
This time I have tried executing perhaps one of the most magical pieces of the entire repertoire of Mr Atkins, directly from the film PINOCCHIO:
"When You Wisch Upon a Star".

when I listened to this arrangement from 1970 album "Pickin 'My Way" I always wondered what devilry Chet had invented to transform guitar into a harp guitar .................. ......
Over the years I managed to get the score of this fantastic arrangement, perfectly transcribed by the great John Knowles and I discovered that there was no trick, everything came from the fingers of CHET ATKINS with the use of artificial harmonics, FANTASTIC.

As always I tried to imitate remotely the unattainable Chet , using my Godin Multiac Nylon SA.

http://youtu.be/hzaJmDmYhVI

I hope you enjoy it.

Greetings from Sicily ...............

PAOLO SPADARO.
Spadaro Paolo

Re: When you wish upon a star cover(CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Postby Terry Tolley » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:18 pm

An excellent rendering! I have been playing guitar all my life and I have never attempted to learn that because it is just too hard for me. You make it look easy, which is a testament your your technical abilities and obvious talent!
Terry Tolley

Postby Roger Pratt » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Simply fantastic picking Paolo!!!
Roger Pratt

Postby Chuck » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:19 am

Paolo,

Your playing just keeps getting better and better. Really impressive, nice work and nice sound. Godin sounds good.
Chuck (Cincinnati)
Chuck

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Man...I really enjoyed this video a lot. I sure admire the way you play harmonics...they rang so clear and clean. Please keep posting your videos.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Terry, Roger, Chuck, Ray

Thank you so much for the wonderful words you spend for me;
Basically I'm just a performer and I really enjoy performing MASTERPIECES OF true artists like Mr. Atkins.
I also wanted to say a few words in thanking all those people (I'm thinking of people like JACK BAKER, JOHN KNOWLES, for example, but the list is long) that commit their time EVEN in transcribing the music carefully, so as to allow us to perform with precision these great arrangements.

Thanks again.

PAOLO.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby Art Sims » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:11 pm

Paolo,
That is terrific! Being a young player and understanding the techniques that you do is delightful to observe. And you are right-on about transcribers and how helpful they are. Thinking back, I remember struggling so long, trying to figure things out that I heard guitar players do, and thinking also about how things are now, it’s quite different. These days, a player can go online and watch videos and see what players are doing, and if a player can also read transcriptions, he or she is able to get the learning in a short time that used to take many years. It’s terrific to see it in your case. What great talent you have!
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks Art !!!!!!!!!!!
I also really like your video;
In my opinion, my generation has all the technical tools to find all the answers ............. we are lucky and many times do not realize it.
When I was at the beginning of the study of the guitar at my late master, I remained fascinated by the way in which he could transcribe the music of the greatest guitarists, and I remember his words about the difficulty but at the same time the utility for the development of a great ear for music.
When I find a good transcription (especially the music of the great Chet) I feel happy because I love this music and I throw myself in trying to run it.
Many times, however, are not so lucky to find them already made​​, then using the teachings of my master I try to complete some transcripts or I try to transcribe them in the best way.
I also remember some of the words that improvisation should not be copied, because hallmark of every guitarist.

Thanks again and the next.

PAOLO SPADARO.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby Richard Hudson » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:13 pm

That was really nice, Paolo. Your harmonics were nice and clear. The movement was quick and accurate. That's one of the best covers of Chet's arrangement that I have heard. Nice job.

Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Mr. Hudson thank you very much, I feel honored.
People like you really inspired me to play more and better.

PAOLO.
Spadaro Paolo

Return to Video Files