A Tribute to Chet Atkins - Gretsch Guitars

Watch and share videos from youtube

A Tribute to Chet Atkins - Gretsch Guitars

Postby guitarchuck » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58 pm

I don't know if anyone has posted this already or not, but it's really worth watching. It also has our friend - Richard Hudson pickin' a little on it!

Nashville musician Steve Wariner plays host in this tribute to the legendary Chet Atkins, a celebration of the 60th anniversary of the relationship between Atkins and Gretsch. From the historic RCA Victor Studio—which was the recording home of popular music titans such as Atkins, Elvis Presley, Eddy Arnold, and the Everly Brothers—artists such as Wariner, John Knowles, Doyle Dykes, Duane Eddy, Jimmy Capps, Pat Bergeson and Richard Smith discuss the greatness of Atkins, and how his influence lives on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jC1xrYF0MM
guitarchuck

Re: A Tribute to Chet Atkins - Gretsch Guitars

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:02 am

Chuck, that is a wonderful "Tribute to Chet Atkins". I appreciate Gretsch Guitars producing it and to Steve Wariner hosting and all the players who shared their stories of how Chet affected their guitar playing.
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks chuck!!!!
Beautiful.
I have no doubt in saying that DOYLE DYKES should be one of the CGP.

Paolo Spadaro.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby Chuck » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:11 am

Thanks Chuck,

Just watched it. And am going to watch it again. Super high quality production. Great.
Chuck/Cincinnati
Chuck

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Be sure to read the credits at the end. Micah Yandell helped out. Several recordings of his Dad, Paul Yandell were played too.
guitarchuck

Postby GaryL » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks for posting the Tribute. That was beautiful!!! What a treasure Chet was and is.
There is a song I'm not familiar with at 45 minutes. Does anyone know the title.
Thanks,
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Art Sims » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:15 pm

What a great presentation! Started watching, noticed the length of the video and thought this will take a while, yet was hooked, enjoyed the whole thing immensely. Terrific reminder about Chet as a man who set standards with his music so many others strive for. These guys talking about him and playing his stuff are amazing too! What a fine, delightful video to see!
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby Richard Hudson » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:41 am

Chuck, I really appreciate you posting this video. Paul Shannon, with Real Arts Media, is the one that produced it and put it all together. I might mention that there is also a cameo appearance by Duane Eddy, and it gave him a chance to tell about how Chet has influenced and befriended him down through the years.

Gary, that tune you asked about at 45 min is my little tune that I wrote about my first two grand children, Devon and Camden. I originally wrote it to include on my Thinkin' Of Chet album. I hope you liked it. It was a very high honor for me to get to participate in a small way to honor my hero.
Richard Hudson

Postby Mike Detlefsen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:28 am

Excellent video, thanks a lot for posting the note about it. I enjoyed watching it very much, and will probably watch it several more times over the next few weeks. Kudos to Gretsch for making it possible.

Mike
Mike Detlefsen

Postby John Knowles » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:53 pm

There have been so many times when we've all sat around and told Chet stories. And someone always says, "We should be capturing this on video." This time Joe Carducci and Gretsch did it. I'll second Richard Hudson's shout out to Paul Shannon. He asked some of the best questions I've ever been asked. I am so grateful to have been a part of this beautiful project.

John
John Knowles

Next

Return to Video Files