The Third Man Theme

Watch and share videos from youtube

The Third Man Theme

Postby Marvin B Naylor » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:48 pm

This is me busking in Winchester, doing Chet's arrangement of The Third Man Theme - the first thing I learned of Chet's. This was filmed by two visiting Norwegians, who just happened to be good friends of Claes Neeb. In fact, one of them Bjorn, even made two Gretsch guitars for Claes. They sent this video to Claes, who began a correspondence with me and left a very nice comment on the video page. Claes sadly died a few months later.
Marvin B Naylor

Re: The Third Man Theme

Postby Tompicks » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Harry Lime (Orson Welles) would be proud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA9_-H6s ... e=youtu.be
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby RonBloor » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:56 am

That was great Marvin.. Yes, very sad abut Claes. Ron
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Art Sims » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:38 pm

I think to concentrate on playing out in the open like that with all the things going on would be a task. That little amp puts out more sound than I would have expected. Enjoyed it!
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:25 pm

Really great picking!! Art, that amp is a Roland Micro Cube. I have one of them and they are fantastic amps. I use mine to play into my recording setup on my computer. Great amp models or thru the jc-clean channel.
Roger Pratt

Postby Art Sims » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Roger, Interesting that you have one of those little amps. The speaker must be really small. I don't know if you can see the speaker because some of these aren't open in the back, but if you can, is it a 4 or 6 inch speaker? I'm curious if that little amp operates on battery power? Looks kinda like it might in the video. I've used a Roland Cube 30 with a 10 inch speaker but this looks a great deal smaller. Fascinating.
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby DagerRande » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:46 am

I also have that same amp and it's also red. I pack it up in the same bag as my cords, etc. I always run it through various p.a. systems wherever I perform. It sounds great! It also looks like you are running it through an external sound system via a mic.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:00 am

Art, I have one of these and it operates on battery or AC power. It has a nice tone and it has good sounding effects. I often place a jack cord in the REC out on the back and take it into my regular amp for the tremolo that it has. The delay and reverbs are really good sounding, too, although with my hearing these days, I could be mistaken about how good they sound :) I am posting a link to the amp with the info, including speaker size.
Ray

http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/594
Ray Bohlken

Postby Art Sims » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:22 am

Thanks for info and for the link.
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby Marvin B Naylor » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:07 am

Art Sims wrote:Thanks for info and for the link.

Hello Art, Yes, the Micro Cube - which I cannot recommend enough - takes 6 AA batteries. I use Duracell Procell, as they last twice as long (24 hours) as any other Duracell. You can't buy them in the shops (not here in England, anyway) - I buy them on ebay. The amp setting I use is the Brit Combo setting. It sounds very authentic, and is the only one that cuts through the background noise - buses, children, animals, people shouting, low-flying aircraft, fire alarms (not all at once!), that one encounters out on the street All the best, Marvin
Marvin B Naylor

Return to Video Files