Sitting Around Pickin

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: Sitting Around Pickin

Postby Norm » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 pm

good stuff...
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:01 am

Bruce, that's some really nice playing. I appreciate your outlook also. My guitar playing has taken a back seat to life the last 3 or 4 years and my playing has suffered because of it. That touch that I had is not there anymore, but I know if I will keep playing it will come back to me. I hope you will keep playing, Bruce. You have so much to offer, even if you don't get out with it all that much. To be able to play guitar is a special thing and to be able to play as well as you do is a gift with much hard work behind it developing that gift. I hope you will be encouraged to continue.

Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby Brian » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Bruce great video. i watch all of your videos I can and find them very inspirational. Lately i find myself wondering how do you have your guitar setup. What string tension, What amp do you play trough do you use effects. t I love how smooth you play and the tone that you have. Keep playing because when i get a chance to see you play it really makes me smile. your fan Brian
Brian

Postby keener » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Thank you fellas.

Richard, I would say it's good that I'm not alone, but I am sorry for what you're going thru. I know how much you love guitar and you are very talented and smooth.

Brian, I have no idea what my string tension is. I got the Godin thru Buster B and he set it up to be easy to play. In his words, "You can just look at it and it will play an E7." I have the controls on the guitar all set to off (neutral) and my amp is a Sun Alpha 112r, which is a single 12" speaker. The settings I use pretty much mirror what Paul Yandell described in one of the FAQs on this Board. I probably have a little higher setting on treble, and maybe a little less on bass than he used.

Thank you again my friends. By the way, I did open Doyle's book today. One small step ...

Bruce
keener

Previous

Return to Video Files