One camera, three views

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: One camera, three views

Postby GaryL » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Art,
I loved it! I never heard that song before and it was beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing - arrangement, tone and video.
I'm ready for another one!
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Chuck » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 am

GaryL wrote:Art,
I loved it! I never heard that song before and it was beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing - arrangement, tone and video.
I'm ready for another one!
GaryL

Agree with Gary, and adding that your playing just seemed so relaxed and solid. Really enjoyed.
Chuck

Postby Art Sims » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks everyone for all your encouraging comments.

Rande, Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing a video of your playing.
Terry, Thanks for that and to keep at it.
Hello Roger and thanks for the encouragement.
Richard, I visited your website and see that you have recorded quite a lot of music and you are a terrific player. I also read your blog about Job. I have wondered if Job himself ever understood the conflict between God and Satan as the cause behind his sufferings. Thanks for your remarks on the song.
Bobby, The pick I use is something I came up with to give me as much of a flatpick feel as I can get while still doing some thumb stuff. I was a flatpick player, like many others, for several years prior to understanding much about Chet’s way of playing and there’s a feel to it that kind of stays with me. There’s a video on my Youtube channel explaining and demonstrating the pick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqgcRLO_0qE
Hi Gary, That tune is an old one; there’s a lot of old ones I’ve never heard either. From what I can discover, this melody was composed back in 1917, which makes it public domain. I’ve arranged a lot of songs for guitar that I enjoy playing but have only chosen to record tunes that are public domain because copyright claims, in my opinion, are generally unreasonable, being extended too long, and because I’ve seen that bogus claims (“copyfraud”) widespread among publishers and think they are more of a hassle than I care to be burdened with. Fortunately, there’s lot of great stuff, like this tune, that’s public domain material. Thanks for your gracious remark about this song and the arrangement.
Chuck, Thanks for echoing that by Gary and your added comment.

You guys are really generous with your remarks. Makes me wish I had more pieces ready to post.
Art Sims
Art Sims

Previous

Return to Video Files