Ultimate Fingerstyle Toolbox Online Workshop

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: Ultimate Fingerstyle Toolbox Online Workshop

Postby Jo-AnneP » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:39 am

You could use a webcam and mic and capture it with Windows Movie Maker (if you are on Windows). Some laptops have the webcam and mic built-in. For a home computer you could pick up a webcam fairly cheap.

Another option would be using the movie mode of a digital still camera. Then you could use Windows Movie Maker to trim the file the camera makes. WMM is free and does the job. Apple has similar software for editing. Smartphones can take movies also.
Jo-AnneP

Postby stevek » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:41 am

Hi Brooks,

Thank you so much for letting us know about the workshop. I enrolled today and am really looking forward to it.

Best,

Steve
stevek

Postby Tompicks » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:26 am

Steve,

I am also currently enrolled and it has been great. I am in the 3rd week, working on cross picking techniques. There is also an internal student discussion board feature in the workshop where folks who are in the workshop trade ideas.

Tom
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby stevek » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much. It was really nice to receive a personal video from Brooks this morning as a part of the course. I am really enjoying it and I hope there is a follow on.

Steve
stevek

Postby Tony Enamel » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:43 am

Tompicks wrote: BTW, check out these nice fish from my fishing trip tonight, we caught 8 of them! Image

Great right hand technique in there, Tom!!!

Cheers -
Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Postby Tompicks » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:52 am

Ingo,

Actually I was the guy taking the photo not the guy holding the fish. However sometimes my thumb feels like it is stuck in a fish's mouth.

Tom
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby DagerRande » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:28 am

Brooks,

I'm opening tonight for David Ball (who wrote "Thinkin' Problem") and then things will die down and I'll
be enrolling in your course tomorrow. My ear is pretty good but regarding my right hand, I'm sure you have
a few techniques that could really help.

Rande
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby keener » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:21 pm

I'm tempted to sign up for this just for the two weeks on harmonics. I'll have to give it some thought. Maybe this is what gets me picking again.

Regardless, it's great to see you doing this Brooks. You learned from one of the best and it's great to see you sharing that, plus what you've learned on your own and through the inspiration of others. Good on you. Buster B would be proud.

Bruce
keener

Postby Tompicks » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:36 pm

The 2 weeks on harmonics were excellent. I never thought I could do them but I can after he demonstrated it in detail and gave me specific exercises. For me the 8 week workshop finishes up on Monday; it has been great. I am working on my last assignment this weekend, the song called "keep it moving".
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby DagerRande » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:16 pm

I'm just now starting these 8 weeks and though I've played for more than twice Brooks' lifetime, I admire his right
hand control so much on songs like "Skippy" that I'm sure I can learn something from him that will be of value to me.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Previous

Return to Announcement and News