Mona Lisa for CB

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Mona Lisa for CB

Postby GaryL » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:53 pm

My try at Mona Lisa using my Gretsch. Some of you may recognize the ending lick I borrowed from Chet. I'll see if you can guess his tune.
Thanks for listening.
GaryL
Attachments
Mona Lisa for CB.mp3
Mona Lisa
(4.18 MiB) Downloaded 896 times
GaryL

Re: Mona Lisa for CB

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Hello Gary!!!!!

Nice one!!! I really like the sound of your Gretsch, which model is it?

See you soon.

Hello, Paulo Spadaro.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby GaryL » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi Paulo,
Thank you.
I used my Gretsch Nashville Classic (6122). By the way, one person guessed correctly - the ending lick I borrowed is from Chet's "Hello BlueBird." I stole a few chords too.
Regards,
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Terry Tolley » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:03 am

Great job. I did recognize the lick....but I could NOT tell you where it came from....but then...I have learned a lot of licks off of Chet's records over the years, and I don't remember which tune most of them came from! Not sure that I ever could! When I listen to a picker, I steal as much as I can, and use...reuse...reuse again I guess one could say that most of my licks are heavily recycled, so as to enable me to get comfortable with them. I usually learn new things fairly quickly....mediocrity is achieved after only 2 years of practice. Getting good takes me MUCH longer! Ha ha....
Terry Tolley

Postby GaryL » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks Terry. You said and I quote "mediocrity is achieved after only 2 years of practice." I love that! and I wish I could get there in two years. I've learned many, many... many of Chets tunes over the years and I only can play a handful of those now. What I'm trying to do (as a hobby) is apply some of what I learned (and can't remember). That helps me to grow and I hope respect Chet's legacy. Chet's my hero, the guitar's my friend and my wife is tired of me playing the same song over and over and over again....
GaryL
GaryL

Return to Audio files