CAAS 2014, Thursday

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

CAAS 2014, Thursday

Postby George Beasley » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:33 pm

As luck would have it, I was scheduled to be in Nashville this week for work. Work wound up today around noon, and I arranged to stay in town until Sunday morning. This afternoon I checked into the Sheraton, registered at the convention, and spent the rest of the afternoon milling around listening to some great music.

I got to talk to old friends Eddie Estes, Ron Bloor, John McClellan, John Knowles, Bob Foster, Michael Coppola, Kirk Sand, and others.

Some of the musical highlights of the day were Hiroshi Masuda (PeaceJoyTown on YouTube) doing a mostly Beatles set, Tim and Myles Thompson, Muriel Anderson playing French music on a harp guitar, Eddie playing Paul's thick bodied Gibson CG, and John McClellan nailing Chet's "When You Wish Upon a Star".

As far as seeing people walking around, I saw Tommy, Bob Saxton, Nokie, Bresh, Brooks, Tommy Flint, Ray, Fred Gretsch, Eddie P, and many others.

I also got to sit and play Lenny's 7-string Sand guitar for 20 minutes. Beautifully alien guitar. The high A string reduces you to Mel Bay page 2. You sit down thinking you will just ignore that string until you get a handle on the feel....but 20 minutes isn't enough. I'm sure a few days with it might make you get a little more comfortable, but boy is it tough!

Anyway, tomorrow I promise to post pics....maybe even videos.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Re: CAAS 2014, Thursday

Postby J Ewan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:41 am

Thanks for sharing with us who cannot be there.
J Ewan

Re: CAAS 2014, Thursday

Postby RonBloor » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:33 am

It was good talking to you yesterday George. Please do post some pictures. I'm fortunate enough to be here, but there is so much here to see, that I miss about 80 percent of it.. Remember a few years ago there was a fella from Gretsch that did daily updates with mucho photos etc. That was great... I guess the job is yours now George. Just joking of course ;) I've been enjoying all the great players and it's really good to have Joscho back from Germany. It isn't exactly Chet style :) but it sure is great guitar music! Ron
Take care.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins