Sending Personal Messages on chetboard???????????

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: Sending Personal Messages on chetboard???????????

Postby srgntschultz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:44 pm

How does a private message bother anyone else except the one being messaged? if I send a private message no one else can read it why should anyone else even care, they have no idea who I emailing or what its about or that I even sent it. It makes no sense that everyone on the chetboard cant use private messaging because someone else dosent like it?
srgntschultz

Postby David Elliott » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:04 pm

srgntschultz wrote:How does a private message bother anyone else except the one being messaged? if I send a private message no one else can read it why should anyone else even care, they have no idea who I emailing or what its about or that I even sent it. It makes no sense that everyone on the chetboard cant use private messaging because someone else dosent like it?

Srgntsschultz,

I think you might be missing the point to some extent about this.

Evidently there has been some abusing of the PM feature, (I know there has been some misuse of the CB itself in regard to hateful comments etc.) so apparently Tom Redmond (moderator) has disabled the PM mode. Like so many things that happen, a few, spoil things for the majority!

David
David Elliott

Postby PhilHunt » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:55 am

Tom do you think the message feature could be enabled again in the future?
PhilHunt

Postby Doug Working » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:32 am

I'll tell you what I think is sad about this: Chet was always nice to people. He didn't treat people with meanness. That's a fact. It's sad to me that even though he set the example, many who love his music and love the man himself simply don't HONOR him or his memory by following his example.

No way of knowing if Chet is looking down. But if he is, would he be proud, or would he be heart broken at what he sees?
We ought to treat each other with kindness the way Chet showed us it's supposed to be done; the way he lived his life. Life is too short, and there really is no time for meanness or pettiness.

Something to think about.

My two coppers.
Doug Working

Postby Eddie Estes » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:57 am

I have noticed over the last week things seem to be getting back to normal.
What has been developed over the past 15 years or so is the notion that if you disagree with someone or their ideas you hate them.

It used to be said "disagree without being disagreeable" That is what we need to try to do.

Eddie
Eddie Estes

Postby Doug Working » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:43 am

Amen!
Doug Working

Previous

Return to Announcement and News