2014 CAAS Schedule

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: 2014 CAAS Schedule

Postby Phil Owens » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm a mere civilian, a non-player. But I am so grateful to Mark and Carol (and to you who attend so faithfully) for keeping this thing going; it has been a huge blessing in our lives.

Our first year was 2005. We met Tommy here in San Diego in February, Ben got his Maton in March, then CAAS in July. Those three cascading events set him on a new trajectory. CAAS really opened up a world of musical influences for our kids. Plus we have made some wonderful friends.
Phil Owens

Postby awykle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Hey thanks Tom and Eddie for the kind support. I'm really looking forward to pickin' with Eddie and Tom too and so many friends and 'family' at CAAS. And like Eddie said, we have a very special surprise guest you won't want to miss! Can't wait to see you all!
awykle

Postby DagerRande » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Hey Audie!

I'd ask if your "special guest" was Phil because of Eddie being there but he said he wasn't coming. So I guess I'll just have to wonder and wait to be surprised!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Eddie Estes » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:24 pm

No its no Phil. He would be a special guest. But it is another person who qualifies as a special guest!
Eddie Estes

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Phil Owens wrote:I'm a mere civilian, a non-player. But I am so grateful to Mark and Carol (and to you who attend so faithfully) for keeping this thing going; it has been a huge blessing in our lives.

Our first year was 2005. We met Tommy here in San Diego in February, Ben got his Maton in March, then CAAS in July. Those three cascading events set him on a new trajectory. CAAS really opened up a world of musical influences for our kids. Plus we have made some wonderful friends.

This was my last one. I always liked to come and play an open mike and watch the great players. It was a great convention, as they all were. I played the open mike at this one and Ben played right after me. I sure enjoyed listening to him an watching him...and I was glad I played first and didn't have to follow him. He played great. I sure would like to be there again one day. You can't beat the talent in any area...main stage, open mike, 2nd stage and the jams in the lobby. It's the best.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Ray, I've never met you and I wish you were able to make it. I can tell by your posts that we'd get along well. Hopefully it will happen open day.
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:33 pm

Rande, my wife is from Michigan and has family still there, and we have been up there right often in the past, but not lately. If we ever get up that way again, I'd like to get together with you. I think we'd hit it off, too. I don't know how well I'll be playing down the road, but I'd enjoy meeting you and trying to pick a few songs with you.
Take care,
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Ray, whenever it works out for you just let me know. I'm in Battle Creek. I don't know where your wife is from but I'm sure I can get there. Thanks!
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Tompicks » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:01 pm

How late is live music available or a Sunday or Monday night in Nashville (say midnight) or is it better when you have a late flight just to head for the hotel.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby PhilHunt » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Good to see Eddie and Audie doing a set....you won't wanna miss this one, there's a surprise guest. Good to see Rick Allred doing a Reed set and Terry Wedding doing a Breau workshop. I didn't realize it was the 30th anniversary....dang it, I should have made plans to go. Oh well.....there's always next year.
PhilHunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins