CAASY - A tune for you folks

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: CAASY - A tune for you folks

Postby keener » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Phil and Roger, I know you're right, but it's not Just my health. I really didn't want to get into this, as I'm not real hip on having my personal life scattered all over the gd internet, but a big, big reason why I don't go is that I have a phobia that keeps me close to home. I haven't been more than 15 miles from my house in years. This is something that developed after my wife died. My doctor has tried a few things with me, but to no avail. The thing about phobias is that you can Know they are irrational, but you are still uncontrollably bound by them.

So, I appreciate your encouragement, a whole bunch, but this little piggy stays home.

Thanks again,
Bruce
keener

Postby bill_h » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:02 pm

There's some great stuff in there Bruce! It says you wrote it a couple of years ago. If this is a repost sorry I missed it the first time. If not thanks for sharing it with us. Either way, great to have you posting again.
bill_h

Postby DagerRande » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:49 am

Hey Bruce,

I enjoyed your harmony, especially that last chord that you ended with. Also, looking at your background brings back
memories of my visit to your place almost 3 years ago.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby keener » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Thank you much Bill and Rande. I hope you guys are well.
Bruce
keener

Postby jhayes » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi Bruce
You've sure written a beautiful instrumental. The melody and chord progression glued me to the screen as you played the song. :D I'll encourage you to pick up the guitar and start playing again if you haven't already done so. As I've aged and have less dexterity in the fingers, I quit for almost two years. I started playing again after finding out that a long time friend had Parkinson's and could no longer pick up his guitar to play it as he sang. Not wanting to waste a wonderful voice (he still sings great), I started playing the old songs we did beginning in 1970 and played together for over 30 years. Now I'll go to his house, kick off an intro to any of the songs he knew when we were playing regularly, and he kicks in the vocals on time, on key, and with a great deal of grinning in the process. :D I've found that it has also greatly improved my guitar playing to the point that I can now reach some stuff I thought I had lost. The post the other folks have posted are right. You should do your best to attend the CAAS yearly meeting any way you can. I know they would like to hear and see you play live. Good luck to you, Jim
Jim Hayes
jhayes

Postby keener » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:06 pm

Jim,

Thank you for your most kind post. I am delighted that you took up playing again after a long time off. Perhaps I also will. This is not my first break from playing, and if I start back, it probably won't be my last. But right now I just do not have a desire to play. If I think of a song, I watch myself play it in my head. Sort of the lazy man's approach, I guess.

Unfortunately, I just don't see me making CAAS. I guess my post about my phobia must have come across as a joke, but it is too true. I wish I wasn't saddled with it, as it keeps me from doing a lot of things. But I've got it and am stuck with the consequences of having it. Anyway, I do appreciate hearing from several of you that you would like for me to attend -- in an alternate universe, maybe it is actually happening. In this universe, I just have to appreciate from afar that I have friends that I will not get to meet in this life.

All my best
Bruce
keener

Previous

Return to Video Files