CAASY - A tune for you folks

Watch and share videos from youtube

CAASY - A tune for you folks

Postby keener » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:33 pm

A couple of years ago I wrote and recorded a tune as a tribute to CAAS, and with my best originality named it CAASY. Here it is. It's pretty half-ass, but maybe the thought counts for something:

http://youtu.be/jXVtvfTRmcc

I wish you all a good CAAS, along with safe journeys to and from.

Best,
Bruce
keener

Re: CAASY - A tune for you folks

Postby Terry Tolley » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:31 pm

What a neat tune! It has an early Jerry Reed feel to it as I listened. Those are the sorts of tunes Chet seemed to gravitate to as good instrumentals to include in his releases.
Terry Tolley

Postby PhilHunt » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Bruce you compose some of the neatest tunes, you should really try and make it to CAAS one year.
PhilHunt

Postby keener » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Thanks guys.

Phil, unfortunately my health is not good enough to stand up to all the walking around, etc of CAAS. Plus, I haven't played guitar in close to a year ... not sure I could even play anymore. I do sort of envy you guys for being able to go, but we each have our crosses to bear as the old saying goes.

Thanks again
Bruce
keener

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi Bruce......Great tune Sir!! Coming to CAAS would be worth renting a small wheelchair (scooter) to get around on. It's a memory you will never forget and you would see just how many friends you have on here. Me for one.
Roger Pratt

Postby Chuck » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 am

Normally more of a reader and not a poster but I guess getting excited about CAAS.... Bruce's videos are consistent in that they are always a joy to watch/hear, AND I always learn something. Thanks Bruce. Again.
Chuck/Cincinnati
Chuck

Postby keener » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:47 am

I sure appreciate the Very Nice compliments guys!
Roger, thank you for the suggestion, but I'll just not be able to make it. And thank you for your friendship. If I remember right, it was either you or Pa Cobble who first welcomed me to this Board four or five years ago. My how time flies.

Take care,
Bruce
keener

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:27 pm

Bruce, you are an original...excellent song. You have such great tunes. It's good to see you back on the board. I hope you're doing well.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Roger Pratt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:32 pm

It sure does Bruce! More years that pass by reduces the likelihood that you will ever make it to CAAS. All I can do is urge you to break out and come. I promise you will not be disappointed but will be delighted at what you see. This will be my 10th year coming and I always look forward to the next one. I believe it was Pa Cobble that you remember so well and I was a close second. That's my memory and it ought to be yours to paraphrase Chet loosely.
Roger Pratt

Postby PhilHunt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:03 pm

I'm with Roger......Bruce, you really should go to CAAS and perhaps perform. You would really enjoy it. Even if you just go for a couple of days, you'd still love it. For years I knew everyone only by name on the chetboard and it was finally nice to see them face to face. As Jerry would say..."It's the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on."
PhilHunt

Next

Return to Video Files