Jamming at CAAS 2014 -- which songs?

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Jamming at CAAS 2014 -- which songs?

Postby adrian » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi all,

I'll be attending CAAS for the first time this year, and I'm super excited!

I know there's jamming on the premises, but I'm wondering -- what are the top/common songs that people jam on? I mostly play Django stuff (gypsy jazz), and this will be a different scene than I'm used to. Thanks for any thoughts.

Adrian
adrian

Re: Jamming at CAAS 2014 -- which songs?

Postby Eddie Estes » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:53 pm

You will find people jamming on everything from Travis to Chet and Paul Yandell as well as Jerry Reed. There will also be jazz and gypsy jazz in abundance too.

YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST!!!!!

Eddie Estes
Eddie Estes

Postby Tompicks » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Adrian,

You might hear "Avalon".

Tom
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby PhilHunt » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Adrian,
If you are going all 4 days you will have a blast. Sometimes you'll feel like you can't see enough in the time allotted. My advice would be to get your program and circle the performers you would like to see the most and then walk around, pick some, meet new folks, and enjoy yourself. I remember the first year I went I was overwhelmed with all the performers. One guy you don't wanna miss is Rick Allred.
By Saturday you'll never wanna hear "Windy & Warm" or "I'll See you in my dreams" ever again.
PhilHunt

Postby Tompicks » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Adrian, I would also suggest you post some of the names of the songs would like to play at CAAS here in the chetboard ahead of time. I am sure you can hook up with others that will jam with you. I often play "Baby's Coming Home" with Bob Frye and the last 2 years I went I played "Jerry's Breakdown" (I played rhythm!) with Brooks Robertson and also Audie Wykle.

Tom
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Return to Announcement and News