My buddy Paul Yandell in action

Watch and share videos from youtube

My buddy Paul Yandell in action

Postby Eddie Estes » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:44 pm

Eddie Estes

Re: My buddy Paul Yandell in action

Postby rhirvine » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Like all the great ones, he made it look easy. May God rest his soul.
rhirvine

Postby Joe Diamond » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:55 pm

I remember quite a few times when I was stuck on certain chords in a song and the one person to always ask was Paul and he always came thru. He was a great guy. Always told me how he hated MSN for internet service.
Joe Diamond

Postby rkk2786 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Eddie, how about playing that guitar at the CAAS, I wouldn't ever let many people play it, but Dad thought the world of you and Phil, so I would like for you to use it when you do your work shop at the CAAS.

Micah
rkk2786

Postby Eddie Estes » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Micah
I would be honored to. That was my favorite guitar of your dads!!!

Thanks,
Eddie
Eddie Estes

Postby Tom Workman » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:17 pm

I learned this tune from this video a while back and my arrangement is largely based on Paul's arrangement. Man, what a nice sound that guitar has! -Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby BillB » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:22 pm

What a steady thumb Paul had going on this song!
I still remember meeting Paul and showing him my sunburst Nashville Classic. I asked him to let me know if I needed to have any work done on it. He said the neck needed a little adjustment, and then he did it himself. I also remember him helping out a youngster with a nylon string. They took the guitar over to Kirk Sand's table, and Paul got Kirk to fix the bridge or nut (don't remember which). Then he took the boy to one of the side rooms and gave him a guitar lesson to help him with some Jerry Reed licks. I really was impressed with the help that he gave others, and he always treated me like we'd known each other for 20 years.

Wish I didn't have to miss CAAS this year. I'd love to see that guitar again and hear Eddie play it.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby stevek » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Paul was a very kind man. From time to time, I would email him questions on both right and left hand technique and he would always take time to answer me. I still have and often refer to the emails.

What a blessing he was to all of us.

Best Regards,

Steve
stevek

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 am

I have never been around anyone who had as much knowledge about the guitar as Paul did. Paul was the guitar picking big brother I never had. It's really hard to walk through the doors of the lobby at the Sheraton and know that Paul is not there. I miss his phone calls and I miss him asking me what I am working on and I miss asking him the same thing. I miss not being able to call him when I get hung up on something. He always knew the answer, right off the top of his head. I do have a big brother, and I love him dearly, but he is not a musician. As I mentioned, Paul filled that void. I wish we could have met earlier in life. I would be a much better guitar player by now.
Richard Hudson

Postby bill_h » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:50 pm

One of the greatest ever, Paul Yandell cgp! Thanks for sharing Eddie. It just can't be any better than this.
bill_h

Next

Return to Video Files