Fun arrangement to play

Watch and share videos from youtube

Fun arrangement to play

Postby Art Sims » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:33 am

Having fun playing an arrangement of this old tune, Franky and Johnny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70CHtKtl2Tk
Art Sims
Art Sims

Re: Fun arrangement to play

Postby Steve Sanders » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Art, You are one of those guys that needs to be watched very closely....for obvious reasons!!! I'll give ya $60.00 for that old guitar!!! I really like your playing!! Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Don't listen to Steve, Art - he's just tryin' to low ball you on that beat up ol' geetar. I'll give you a whole $70 for it. lol

Love your playing, Art - you play from the heart.

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby Steve Sanders » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Well, GOSH-O-MIGHTY.......just like E-Bay, outbid again!!!
Steve Sanders

Postby GaryL » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:12 pm

That was great Art! I wish you had more videos out there.
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Roger Pratt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:38 am

That was mighty fine Art!!!
Roger Pratt

Postby Art Sims » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:56 am

Steve and Palmer, Thanks for your generous offers to buy that old guitar. But I wouldn’t want to cheat you out of your money. If I did sell it I wouldn't know what to do with all that money.
GaryL, appreciate you saying that. During my life as a musician I’ve mainly been a part-time hobby player with issues like job and family pretty much soaking up my waking hours. Over time, I hope to make a few more videos of songs that I like to play. It’s a lot of fun making them.
Hi Roger, appreciate that.
Thanks guys, for those comments.
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby DagerRande » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi Art,

I liked your tone and the little things you threw into the song. How did you record what you did? Will you be at CAAS next month? If so, I hope to finally meet you. I've seen you hear on the board for several years. Hope to see you!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Art Sims » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi Rande, Glad you like the sound and little things in the song. I had a good time putting it together. My set up is pretty simple. I record through a small mixer, which is part of an old Roland VS-840 (one that originally had the old zip disks, but I just use the mixer section of it). I send the audio from the mixer to a standard DVD recorder and at the same time feed a line from a camera (a low-end JVC) into the DVD recorder. I just punch record on the DVD unit (or have someone punch it for me) and play. This keeps the video and sound in sync as they go into the DVD recorder. Nothing elaborate. I don’t use an amp but just go direct. I’m sure there are better ways than what I do but that’s it.
I would like very much to come to CAAS and get acquainted in person. I’ve noticed you too on the board here. I was able to attend once back in 2008 but haven’t been able to get back again. Maybe someday.
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby DagerRande » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:20 am

Hey Art! Well, I'm in my 3rd "reincarnation" on this board. I'm also on my 3rd computer. I began in the Summer of 2007 when David Elliott made me aware of it and each time my computer would crash I could never recover my password and had to start from scratch. So now you see my name backwards and I appear to be a much newer member than I really am. Yes, I'd like to meet you in person. I also hope to be able to post a video or at least an audio. Many technical difficulties have prevented that but it will happen eventually.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Video Files