Len Collins

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Len Collins

Postby DagerRande » Mon May 12, 2014 11:12 am

I was just notified that Len Collins passed away with cancer this week. For those who don't know who he was, he was the president of the Texas Fingerstyle group for a while a few years ago. I lived about a mile from him when I taught school nearby. My principle at that time is the one who told me about this.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Len Collins

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon May 12, 2014 2:27 pm

So sad to hear this about Len. He was a really good guy and gave tirelessly to the TFGA and along with Ken Goddard established the TFGA picking room on the internet. I spent many nights in that room trying with futility to play like Chet. We were blessed several times by Paul Yandell dropping by to listen and play for us a couple of times. Lots of big time pickers would do concerts for us from time to time. I hadn't talked to Len in several years which I now regret. Folks, if there is somebody that you care about please make an effort to look in on them. You never know when they or you will be gone so do it today if you can. R.I.P. Len Collins....you were a goodun my friend!!
Roger Pratt

Postby Craig_Pratt » Mon May 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Man, I hated to read this. I never got to meet him in person, but Len was always kind and very complimentary of my playing. He even took the time to introduce me to music theory, which I am extremely grateful for. RIP Len
Craig_Pratt

Postby Ted Carroll » Mon May 12, 2014 3:55 pm

This is sad news for me Len was always nice to me and willing to teach what he knew.
Ted Carroll

Postby RonBloor » Mon May 12, 2014 7:48 pm

I just read about Len and it is very sad indeed. I can only add that Len was a real gentleman. He was very helpful and extremely generous with his time and talents. R.I.P. Len.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby David Elliott » Mon May 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Sorry to learn of Len's passing. He was a very nice, friendly, and courteous person.
R.I.P. Len-

David
David Elliott

Postby Mike Detlefsen » Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 pm

Sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed talking with him when I could make it to the meetings up there.

Mike
Mike Detlefsen

Postby Terry Tolley » Tue May 13, 2014 3:07 am

Len was a pioneer of an online meeting place where those with computers having a microphone inputs could take turns playing guitar like is so common these days. I am sad that he has passed, but I am happy that he no longer suffers with cancer. I knew even less about computers then than I do now, and could almost never get a successful connection except to chat on occasion. He tried to help me, but I was too helpless then.
Terry Tolley

Postby Boris Bursac » Tue May 13, 2014 5:28 am

Sad, sad news. R.I.P. Len
Boris Bursac

Postby Richard Hudson » Tue May 13, 2014 7:17 am

Len was a good guy. His dedication to spreading the good news about fingerstyle guitar will be missed.
Richard Hudson

Next

Return to Announcement and News