Re: Gibson Chet Atkins Studio CE Nylon on eBay

Postby David Elliott » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Ray Bohlken wrote:I know the look changed, but are the electronics and the rest of the materials the same? That sound hole in the back was so wrong, but the guitar is essentially the same isn't it or am I totally off on this?
Ray

Actually, I think the MAJOR differences between the Montana made Studio Classic and the original (made in Nashville) Studio Classic, was that Gibson "cheapened" the Montana guitar, by doing away with the individual internal volume controls for each string, as well as that goofy looking "sound hole" on the back (which was supposed to "enhance" the sound" for the player)... according to Gibson's advertising! They also moved the volume/tone/bass/and treble control wheels to the front of the guitar from where they were previously more logically located on the original model, and complete with a cheap looking piece of brown plastic at their base! DUH!

David
David Elliott

Re: Gibson Chet Atkins Studio CE Nylon on eBay

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:36 pm

David, I agree about the sound hole placement - it was awful - and the change in the position of the controls. From what everyone says, they made a great guitar into a not so great instrument with the change in the pickup, too. Too bad. It looked like a good deal, but now I'm sure it was not. I hope the buyer likes the guitar and feels good about what they got for the price.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Previous

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE