Life"s Railway To Heaven

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Life"s Railway To Heaven

Postby Richard Hudson » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:34 am

I have done this old song a thousand different ways, it seems, and here is yet another one. I recorded it yesterday. I hope you enjoy it. Life's Railway To Heaven

https://app.box.com/s/7qlh1h8kxrf2vrca350d

Thanks,
Richard
Richard Hudson

Re: Life"s Railway To Heaven

Postby Roger Pratt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:25 pm

I always love when you post a gospel tune Richard! Thanks so much for what you do. Really nice picking!!
Roger Pratt

Postby Richard Hudson » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Thank you, Roger. It's hard to beat a good old Gospel song.
Richard Hudson

Postby Tom Workman » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Richard, that was great! I love that rock-solid thumb and the simplicity of this tune really appeals to me. I've saved it to "my favorites" and now I'm gonna get my Taylor out of the case and play along. God bless. -Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby GaryL » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Richard,
That was super! I've never heard that song before and it's a pleasure to hear it the first time so well done.
Thanks for posting.
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Richard Hudson » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Thank you Tom and Gary for listening. I appreciate it.
Richard Hudson

Postby Terry Tolley » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Great job, Richard, as always! Do you have a studio of your own? Your recordings sure sound great, I know that much!. If you do your own recording, I was wondering what setup you're using to be able to mix so many parts together. I have some tunes that I would like to record, mostly for my family and some local friends, but to do that, I am sure I need some sort of minimal setup to accomplish it. From listening, I am assuming you do your solo parts dry and add reverb or echo in the mix? I was going to deal with a local Guitar Center to get a small setup, but I am clueless as to what to ask for and so I am a bit reluctant to deal with some possibly over-zealous sales agent who may sell me more that I would need or use for such a task. Thanks for sharing sir!
Terry Tolley

Postby Richard Hudson » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Terry, my setup is simple, but then again, maybe it is not so simple. My studio is a one man set up. Roger Hardin was a BIG help in getting everything set up, but my setup is a one man operation. I can do complete recordings, one thing at a time, or I can lay down basic rhythm and such at another studio and then work on my parts at home in my studio. There are inexpensive ways to record "sounds," but to do quality, it gets a little more complicated and costly. I have a special built computer that was built specifically to be a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). Nothing happens on that computer except recording. It is not even hooked up to the internet. My recording software is Sonar X1 Producer Expanded. There are other less expensive ways to record guitars direct. I guess it depends on what you want and need. I think you can download software to make recordings with your phone, and from there the sky is the limit.

Thank you for the comments. I do try to make good quality recordings. It is a constant learning process. I'm not the best, but I have learned a lot in the last few years.

Thanks,
Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby JeffS » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:02 am

Richard,

I enjoyed hearing this old tune done in such a tasteful way - brought a tear to my eye and brought back a lot of memories. Great playing as always.

Thanks,
Jeff Stovall
JeffS

Postby rhudson » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:46 am

Thanks a lot, Jeff.
rhudson

Next

Return to Audio files