Follow up on my dad

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Follow up on my dad

Postby Oddsteven » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 pm

My dad passed away last night after a hard battle against cancer. I know a lot of you folks had prayed for his healing over the past 9 months and I appreciate it very much. I know there are some of you who were his customers, and although we've tried to contact quite a few folks, we don't know all the names and all the numbers. I'm linking to his on-line obituary if anyone is interested.
Thanks
Steve Cowles
http://www.lifestorynet.com/memories/96037
http://www.aaronsmusicservice.com/
Steve Cowles
Oddsteven

Re: Follow up on my dad

Postby Roger Pratt » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Steve, I sure am sad to hear of your Dad's passing. Although I never knew your Dad I was aware of his wonderful work and had great admiration for him. Prayers for you and all the family.
Roger Pratt

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:09 am

A while back I remember watching the video of him at his workshop. Admirable man.
Dave

Postby DagerRande » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Steve,

I feel terrible about this. I was hoping to get over to Vicksburg once my classes were finished, which just ended today. I'll always treasure the work he did on my '67 CG. I'd appreciate knowing the details if there is to be a funeral.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby keener » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:16 pm

Steve,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Bruce
keener

Postby Oddsteven » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:08 pm

The funeral was held on Monday. It was nice, although it was pretty doggone cold and snowy. I will be moving back to Michigan and will start taking care of the shop. I'm not sure how many guitars I'll ever build, but I'm going to see what I can do as I'm a pretty good repairman.
Steve Cowles
Oddsteven

Postby DagerRande » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:09 am

I'm sorry I didn't know and that I missed his funeral. I'll look forward to stopping in and finally meeting you. Will David still be working there?
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Oddsteven » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:59 pm

DagerRande wrote:I'm sorry I didn't know and that I missed his funeral. I'll look forward to stopping in and finally meeting you. Will David still be working there?

I think you're mistaking one brother for another. My little brother is Eric, and he does band instrument repairs and lives in Scotts. My brother David lives in Alabama and takes care of the website. There's a guy that's in there right now who does guitar repairs named Ed. I will be moving up there when I get my house sold, which I hope will be very soon.
Steve Cowles
Oddsteven

Postby DagerRande » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Sorry Steven,

I meant "Ed", not "David". Ed is the one working in the shop and on one of my guitars. I really knew nothing of your brother. I was only aware of you. I look forward to meeting you when you get up here.
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Return to Announcement and News