"A Session With Guy Van Duser"

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

"A Session With Guy Van Duser"

Postby George Beasley » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:10 pm

I knew this was out there from its inclusion of "We Love You Chet" in both AGW and FSQ, but I had not picked up the full album. Well, I got it on iTunes this weekend, and it great. If close your eyes, you can pretend it is a late 50's Chet record. Guy really gets it. This is obviously a labor of love and admiration for our hero. If you haven't heard it, I recommend you download it now...you won't be disappointed.

Outside of Chet, it doesn't get much better than this.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Re: "A Session With Guy Van Duser"

Postby Norm » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:00 pm

He gets it so close it's scary sometimes
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby George Beasley » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Norm....you are spot on. It's not just the picking, but the production as well. Guy has done his homework.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby ceciltguitar » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Can't remember where, but somewhere I read something to the effect that Guy Van Duser used to create arrangements that he woud try to convince Chet that he (Guy) had learned either from either Chet or from one of Chet's recordings.
ceciltguitar

Postby PhilHunt » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 am

Somebody else who use to be spot on was Lenny Breau. I was listening to Pandora radio yesterday on my programmer Chet station and "Cannonball Rag" came on. I said to myself, "boy Chet really did a nice job of doing that one solo, I wonder what record that one is from?" Turns out, when I looked at my Pandora screen it was Lenny.
PhilHunt

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins