Throw Another Log On The Fire

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Throw Another Log On The Fire

Postby GaryL » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:36 pm

A Jim Reeves song I heard for the first time last week on U-tube. I have not been playing guitar for awhile and Jim's voice got me out of my rut for a few days. I love Jim Reeves voice and I miss my son.
My NC in Bb.
GaryL
Attachments
Throw Another Log On The Fire.mp3
Throw Another Log on the Fire
(4.51 MiB) Downloaded 866 times
GaryL

Re: Throw Another Log On The Fire

Postby GaryL » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Another attempt with my NC using the treble pickup only and a backing track I made. The NC is such a great guitar and I think of Paul and Chet whenever I pick it up. The treble pickup has a lot of sustain and records better for me on audacity. Chet really got some good tone with it.

I'm not sure who played on Jim Reeve's record. I think it might be Grady Martin and I liked it a lot. I borrowed a bit from it.

Thanks for listening.
GaryL

Ron and Mark, thanks for the tips.
Attachments
For CB mp3.mp3
Throw Another Log on the Fire - For CB
(4.35 MiB) Downloaded 799 times
GaryL

Postby headgremlin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:23 am

Gary,

FYI, looking on the Bear Family set of Jim Reeves, it seems that the two guitarists on the song, other than Jim were Hank Garland and Chet Atkins. Just thought you would like to know.
Jere
headgremlin

Postby rhudson » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:48 am

Gary, that's really nice. I love the tone of the treble pickup, and the bends are very tasteful.
rhudson

Postby GaryL » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Richard, Thanks. I appreciate your comments. You've done some great recordings. I was listening to your recording of Yesterday recently and boy the tone on that was perfect.

Jere,
Thanks for posting the information on the guitar players. Listening to the nice little solo in Jim's recording, I'm sure it's Chet. It's always a nice surprise to hear something Chet did for the first time.

GaryL
GaryL

Return to Audio files