Tenderly

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Tenderly

Postby Brian » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:45 am

Hello every one I am in search for a tab of Chet's version of tenderly . I am playing at my church and I have been asked to play this song any help would be great . Thanks
Brian

Re: Tenderly

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:44 pm

I couldn't find a tab for Chet's version of Tenderly, but I found a couple of videos you might be able to glean an arrangement from. The first one is dead on and excellent. The second one is a good one, but short, and the third one is not Chet's version, but I enjoyed it when I watched it.
Ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltNLnaeNig0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrLu7kZ0yBo

NOT Chet's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HyPwL91o04
Ray Bohlken

Postby gmoseley » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm

All good,,,and each can play it better than I can but I thought that Spemcer Barnes absolutely 'knocked it out of the ballpark" didn't he? Boy, he blew me away! That guy can sure play well,,,,boy, he was on the money for Chet's arrangement, smooth as silk.

Gayle Moseley
gmoseley

Postby David Elliott » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:16 pm

gmoseley wrote:All good,,,and each can play it better than I can but I thought that Spemcer Barnes absolutely 'knocked it out of the ballpark" didn't he? Boy, he blew me away!

Gayle Moseley

I don't think I've ever heard a better "note-for-note" version of Chet's arrangement...than Spencer's! Beautiful!

David
David Elliott

Postby dgallent » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Just remember the Chet Atkins rule....

Be respectful of the songwriter and play true to his writing the first time through and then for the rest of the song....make it yours! Worked great for Chester B.....
dgallent

Postby Brian » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Thank so much for the videos ray this is one of my favourite songs and I could Listin to it for hours . The videos helped me with some parts I couldn't get but I'm still having a hard time withe the chord changes while playing the triplets .
Brian

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:16 am

Brian, some times when you get stuck working out a song, you can play a song in the Windows Media Player and and use the playing speed feature to slow it down enough to help you figure out a passage. It doesn't change the pitch, just the speed. My ears don't pick up things like they used to and slowing it down helps me come as close as I ever would have to working out a song. Give it a try...I'll bet you can get those chords. Good luck with it.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to Announcement and News