Reedology Jerry Reed Reference guide Book

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Reedology Jerry Reed Reference guide Book

Postby PhilHunt » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Michael Stevens has advised me that his book on Jerry Reed is complete and is available on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Reedology-Jerry-R ... 546&sr=1-1
PhilHunt

Re: Reedology Jerry Reed Reference guide Book

Postby PhilHunt » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:37 am

Just received my Reedology book in the mail yesterday.....all I can say is.....Son!!!! Michael did an awesome job. Love the pictures. It's also amazing how many sessions Reed played on. Just to let folks know.....this is one Thick Book!
PhilHunt

Postby the-ocean87 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:10 am

PhilHunt wrote:Just received my Reedology book in the mail yesterday.....all I can say is.....Son!!!! Michael did an awesome job. Love the pictures. It's also amazing how many sessions Reed played on. Just to let folks know.....this is one Thick Book!

What's the content of the book? Is it a biography or just a list of his recording sessions? I'd like to buy it, but in the preview, all I saw, were session lists.
the-ocean87

Postby bill park » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:37 pm

the-ocean87 wrote: Is it a biography or just a list of his recording sessions?

I received mine, too. Not a biography, but a massive and well-researched compilation of Jerry's recorded works. Probably over 300 pages but unfortunately there are no page numbers! No table of contents or index, either, so it's difficult to look something up.
bill park

Postby awykle » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:02 pm

I received mine about a week ago. What an enormous amount of info on Jerry as a player, writer, actor, vocalist, you name it! I can't imagine the time and effort that was put forth. I'm probably about halfway thru the book and have found a few errors and ommissions, which is to be expected given the breadth of the work. But wow, I am very impressed!
awykle

Return to Announcement and News