An Epi Country Gent on Ebay

An Epi Country Gent on Ebay

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 am

I found this Wine Red Epi Country Gent on eBay for a decent price. It looks like it's in decent shape and it has a Bigsby!
Ray

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epiphone-Chet-A ... 565b081269
Ray Bohlken

Re: An Epi Country Gent on Ebay

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Chet had one the same color with a Bigsby. Chet must have liked it good enough to go to the trouble of putting a Bigsby on it with his bent rod handle. You can see Chet playing his on Youtube, playing Tiger Rag I think. It seems like he's playing one other song on there using his Epiphone. I had a black one once & a sunburst one once. They are really good guitars for the price. 1 3/4" neck. Officially called a Epiphone Chet Atkins Country Gentleman II. Someone should scoop that guitar up pretty quick I would think. They are hard to find too.
guitarchuck

Re: An Epi Country Gent on Ebay

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Chuck, I had a black one, too. I thought it was a fine guitar and I played it often. The neck was great and the neck pickup was especially good, I thought. I also had a Gibson Gent that I enjoyed for a long time. We moved to a condo and something had to give to get some room in the closet and those went, along with a couple of other guitars. I still have a Gibson Tennessean and a Nashville Classic, but sometimes I miss both of those Gents. I've seen the video of Chet Playing Tiger Rag with the Red Epi Gent and he had a great sound with that guitar as he did with all of them.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE