reverb

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

reverb

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:00 pm

HI everyone, I just got a godin multiac and I am wondering what style of reverb (plate, hall. etc) people like to use with to play Chet s music when useing a electric classical like a godin . thanks
Brian

Re: reverb

Postby Bill Simpson » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Personally, I prefer delay over reverb. I use a Boss DD-3, relatively cheap and easy to tweak.
Bill Simpson

Postby craigdobbins » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:14 pm

I use a couple of old Lexicon PCM60 reverbs. I use both plate and hall, depending on the instrument and the song.

That great reverb on the classic Chet records from the 60's and 70's was from the EMT plates at RCA Nashville. They usually didn't apply reverb until the mixing stage- instruments and vocals were recorded dry. Chet also had an EMT plate at his home studio.

If you use delay and reverb together, it's best to back off on the reverb, or the delay will lose definition.

Craig
craigdobbins

Postby Norm » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Unless it's a novelty tune less is more on both of those effects.

If you do some careful googling you can see two YouTube vids about one of the reverb rooms designed by Les Paul in the deep basement Capital Records building.

There are eight rooms down there... different sizes and apparently they all function similarly i.e. a plain, unfurnished room with Voice of the Theater speaker horns and a simple mic on the floor.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Return to Guitars and Equipment