MusicMan RD50 Head Amplifier FS

Postby alexjones » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey Guys,
I am selling a MusicMan RD50 Head amp and wanted to post it here before I put it on ebay. It is not in mint condition but it's very good. No rips in the grill cloth or tolex. Only light surface rust on the cabinet corners and chassis mounting brackets that could be taken off with a bit of steel wool - just never gotten around to it. The amp was built in 1981 so it is vintage. The amp sounds GREAT - it is extremely quiet! Only with the reverb up to 10 you can hear that it is on - which is normal. Typically there is a very slight hum when the reverb is maxed out. The only reason it is there in this amp is because the actual tank is in such close proximity to the power transformers. If you move the tank completely away from the transformer the hum goes away completely - so that is good - it's not a component in the reverb circuit. But trust me it, it is nothing to worry about. For a speaker - I always used a JBL D130 - but I was careful not to crank the amp as the D130 is rated for around 25 watts. Boy the sound is really great. I also have 2 Standel's and it competes with them. Not as sweet and dynamic as the Standel, but it sounds wonderful. I am asking $375 plus shipping via paypal. Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.
Alex
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
alexjones

Re: MusicMan RD50 Head Amplifier FS

Postby alexjones » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks for those who looked - the amp is SOLD.
Alex
alexjones

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE