Turkey in the Straw

Watch and share videos from youtube

Turkey in the Straw

Postby George Beasley » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:40 am

Here is a nice flatpicked version of "Turkey in the Straw" by Andy Hatfield. He picked up 3rd at Winfield this year in Flatpicking category. I've been taking theory lessons from him in Peoria for the last year or so. Nice guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRouRMc5Hro
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Re: Turkey in the Straw

Postby Doug_H » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:18 am

*APPLAUSE* - Tasty and Slick! I've let my flatpicking chops go the way of the Dodo bird over the last decade, but I still enjoy seeing great pickers doing it.
Doug_H

Postby Doug_H » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:43 am

Jack Baker wrote:Doug,
When you say that you tabledited your tabs do you mean that you arranged / transcribed them also. I just want to get the info correct if I put them on my site...also, do you mind if I give your tabs the "once over" :-)...Jack p.s. your songs are great Doug...j.

I hate to hijack George's thread, but yeah...I'm sure the once (or twice) over is in order. I just try to make things sound about right (have learned a few tricks from folks like Larry Kuhns, Boris Bursac and Mike Joyce) and know enough to know I'd be embarrassed for someone who actually knows what they are doing to look at the 'notation' modules. lol! ;)

And yes, They are all originals and original arrangements that I have attempted to transcribe. Boris got me going on my first attempts at 'When I Met Chet' and I give him credit. Many thanks for your consideration and help, Jack. I am sincerely humbled that you think the songs are good.
Doug_H

Postby Boris Bursac » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi Doug,

Thanks for sharing those interesting tunes. I like them very much, they are very original, very You. As for the tabbing, Jack will surely do the right thing ;) Hope you're doing fine Doug..

Your buddy... Boris
Boris Bursac

Return to Video Files