Pete Huttlinger Had a Stroke

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Pete Huttlinger Had a Stroke

Postby Phil Owens » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:00 pm

From Pete on Friday 11/5 on Facebook: "Howdy everyone, I had a stroke two days ago, but things are looking good. Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. Your pal Pete."

I can tell you that in addition to his musical accomplishments, Pete is one of the nice guys of guitar - in the league of Tommy Emmanuel, John Knowles, Kirk Sand, Tim Johnson, Mark Pritcher, etc.

Pete also had some major work done on his heart this year - surgeries and a pacemaker/defibrillator. In fact the Larrivee he won at Winfield he put up for sale to pay medical bills. To give Pete a boost during this hardship I did some early Christmas shopping yesterday at http://www.petehuttlinger.com/online.cfm - I encourage you to consider doing the same; lots of great resources there - it's a win-win.

Bless you all this Thanksgiving Season,
Phil
Phil Owens

Re: Pete Huttlinger Had a Stroke

Postby rhirvine » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Wow! I had never heard of Pete Huttlinger before. Now I find that he is a great talent in fingerstyle guitar. His arrangements are very pleasant to listen to. He is definitely a virtuoso. Sorry to hear that he is not well at this time.
rhirvine

Postby cgprnd » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:30 pm

Rich, make sure to listen to Pete's arrangements of Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" and Steely Dan's "Josie".
I've played "Josie" for years but his is the best! Superstition takes multiple brains, much more so than "Yankee
Doodle Dixie".

Rande
Rande Dager
cgprnd

Postby rhirvine » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Wow again. He is amazing! He must have two or three brains. He is probably the only one in the world who could think of adapting a song like Superstition to solo guitar and sound good doing it. Also he's funny and personable. He's the kind of guitarist who I wouldn't try to buy his teaching materials and do his stuff. I'm sure going to look for his name out here in sunny southern california for live performances.

Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this one, Phil. I took your lead and added a notice on our Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club website to see if we can't generate some more cash flow for Pete. He's a good one.

Palmer - ofgc.net
Pickin Palmer

Postby ChrisM » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Phil Owens wrote:From Pete on Friday 11/5 on Facebook: "Howdy everyone, I had a stroke two days ago, but things are looking good. Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. Your pal Pete."

I can tell you that in addition to his musical accomplishments, Pete is one of the nice guys of guitar - in the league of Tommy Emmanuel, John Knowles, Kirk Sand, Tim Johnson, Mark Pritcher, etc.

Pete also had some major work done on his heart this year - surgeries and a pacemaker/defibrillator. In fact the Larrivee he won at Winfield he put up for sale to pay medical bills. To give Pete a boost during this hardship I did some early Christmas shopping yesterday at http://www.petehuttlinger.com/online.cfm - I encourage you to consider doing the same; lots of great resources there - it's a win-win.

Bless you all this Thanksgiving Season,
Phil

Phil

Do you mind if I post this to another board?

Thanks

ChrisM
ChrisM

Postby Phil Owens » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Chris,

Please do post far and wide! Also, here is Pete's Caring Bridge site; Erin is posting a couple times a day - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/petehuttlinger

Thanks for thinking of Pete.

Phil
Phil Owens

Postby ChrisM » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Phil

I was not aware of Pete's heart problems and was very surprised to hear about his stroke.

Thanks I have posted it around and word is spreading.

ChrisM
ChrisM

Postby BillB » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:17 am

This is very encouraging news posted by Pete's wife on the Caring Bridge site:

"Pete is improving exponentially every day. Last night he picked up his guitar for the third time in three days....and this time everything CLICKED. The magic touch was there. It was THE most beautiful sound I've ever heard. And Pete knew it too. There was that huge smile on his face that we all know and love. Today he left ICU to a "step-down ICU." I think there's a hospital discharge in somebody's near future."

Bill B.
BillB

Postby gitzilla2000 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:09 am

"Pete is improving exponentially every day. Last night he picked up his guitar for the third time in three days....and this time everything CLICKED. The magic touch was there. It was THE most beautiful sound I've ever heard. And Pete knew it too. There was that huge smile on his face that we all know and love. Today he left ICU to a "step-down ICU." I think there's a hospital discharge in somebody's near future."

That's GREAT news! C'mon Pete!
gitzilla2000

Next

Return to Announcement and News