well...how was it?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

well...how was it?

Postby Norm » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:35 am

Odd that not one word has been posted about the CAAS meet
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Re: well...how was it?

Postby craigdobbins » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:36 am

We were busy.
craigdobbins

Postby billmoit » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 am

Everyone has their own agenda. Mine is classic Chet and songs I know. I am not in to jazz or classical but appreciate those that are. That said I think it was the best CAAS I have attended not withstanding that we used to have Chet. We started attending in 1992 and have missed no more than 5 of them.

Their were only 2 time slots that I could not find what I wanted between the 2 main stages or workshop rooms. That has never happened before. I think that says much about the convention this year.

The crowd seemed smaller than usual and there were a number of empty vendor tables.

Please see my post about Jason and Megan. I would really like a copy of their performance Friday afternoon.
billmoit

Postby Greg Butler » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:54 pm

We were at CAAS from Wednesday afternoon through early Friday afternoon. As always, we heard some fine guitar music and enjoyed renewing old acquaintances. The number of vendors did seem a bit smaller than in past years, but there were some quality guitars available to "test drive." I found some needed teaching materials for my guitar students at the Mel Bay tables. Pat Corn put on an excellent workshop on "Making Your Chords Sing." As for my favorite performance, Ray Cummings was at the top. And the time spent in the Wallace Guitar room was as good as ever. Palmer Moore also had a strong lineup in the Ohio Club Room. I'm thankful that we were able to make the trip again this year. This made convention # 21 for me. It is one of my favorite events of the year. Thanks to Dr. Mark Pritcher, his wife Carol, and the folks who worked to put forward a good convention for us to enjoy.
Greg Butler

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins