New Paul Yandell CD ~ Down Through The Years

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

New Paul Yandell CD ~ Down Through The Years

Postby craigdobbins » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Dear friends-

I am honored that the Yandell family has asked me to announce the release of a new retrospective collection of Paul's music, Paul Yandell C.G.P. - Down Through The Years.

This CD includes some great Yandell originals that have been unavailable for several years, including: Going Home, Munich Memories, Lazy, Within My Heart, Relaxin', Laying Back, Chet-Lite, Trickey, Odie and Me, Kentucky Lullaby, Clear Springs Blues, Forever Chet, I've Been Lucky, and Clear Springs Rag.

Marie and Micah will have copies available at CAAS next week, and the CD will also be available from Paul's website.

http://www.paulyandell.com

Thanks,

Craig
craigdobbins

Re: New Paul Yandell CD ~ Down Through The Years

Postby Tompicks » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Can't wait to hear it. Thanks for the info Craig.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby guitarchuck » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:26 am

Craig,
Does the Yandell family have any plans to re-release the cassette on CD that was originally called "Down Through The Years"? It had different tunes than this new collection by the same name. I bought a copy at CAAS from Paul and Micah years ago. I converted mine to CD from cassette to preserve it.
guitarchuck

Postby PhilHunt » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 am

Chuck I think Paul's first cd was "Going Home". That is my favorite cd of Pauls. Just Paul playing on a nylon solo.....how better could it get. The cover of that cd was also the same picture for Pauls poster advertising S.I.T strings.
PhilHunt

Postby rhudson » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:27 pm

I told Paul that his tone on the Going Home album was the best I have ever heard. It was all solo, and all electric nylon string. The tone was just perfect and of course Paul's playing was also perfection on display. Paul never seemed to take compliments to heart, but that seemed to mean something to him because he began to try to remember just what equipment he used and we talked about it a few times after that. I can't wait to get my copy of the new CD.
rhudson

Postby guitarchuck » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:58 pm

PhilHunt wrote:Chuck I think Paul's first cd was "Going Home". That is my favorite cd of Pauls. Just Paul playing on a nylon solo.....how better could it get. The cover of that cd was also the same picture for Pauls poster advertising S.I.T strings.

Phil,
Yes, his first CD was called "Going Home". This new CD looks like a re-release of that CD with maybe a couple of other tunes. The cassette that I'm talking about was called "Down Through The Years" It had different tunes recorded from 1979-1995. That cassette came out before the "Going Home" CD. Everyone should hear the original "Down Through The Years" cassette too. Here's the photo from the cover of the cassette:
img104.jpg

rhudson wrote:I told Paul that his tone on the Going Home album was the best I have ever heard. It was all solo, and all electric nylon string. The tone was just perfect and of course Paul's playing was also perfection on display. Paul never seemed to take compliments to heart, but that seemed to mean something to him because he began to try to remember just what equipment he used and we talked about it a few times after that. I can't wait to get my copy of the new CD.

I agree Richard! This new re-release has the "Going Home" CD tunes on it. It's a great CD just like you said "perfection"! I bought the Gibson Chet Atkins Studio CE that Paul used on that recording. That is one guitar that I wished I would have never sold, I've wished that over and over again. It was a great guitar. Paul told me that he shaved the back of the neck down himself and had the Gibson custom shop finish it. Paul also made the armrest out of some exotic wood that he bought in Louisville, KY. Paul had Ray Butts build a pre-amp for it too. It was a great guitar. Paul & Chet both signed it for me and I let it go when I was having medical issues to help pay the bills.
guitarchuck

Return to Announcement and News