Super Axe bridge replacement

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Super Axe bridge replacement

Postby albertgen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 am

What replacement bridge can I use for the Super Axe? The holes in my existing bridge have stripped threads and the bridge keeps slipping forward. Thanks Al
albertgen

Re: Super Axe bridge replacement

Postby Jerome Makela » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:46 am

I would first try re-tapping the forward/backward adjustment screw holes to a slightly larger bolt size if there is enough metal surrounding the existing holes. I'm assuming those are the threads that are stripped.

Jerry Makela
Jerome Makela

Postby albertgen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 am

I thought of that but then there would be a problem of finding the 2 chrome screws to fit wouldn't it? Thanks, Al
albertgen

Postby Jerome Makela » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:03 am

I don't own an Atkins Axe and have not found a good close-up picture of the bridge but before trying to find a replacement bridge, here is my last possibility. I assume the thread on the adjusting bolt is good but the thread in the tailpiece is stripped. Try placing a small nut which threads onto the adjusting bolt between the bridge and the mounting posts. By holding the nut with a small pliers or thin wrench while turning the adjustment screw it should allow you to move the bridge backward to the proper intonation point.
Jerome Makela

Postby albertgen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Thank you all for the ideas! Al
albertgen

Return to Guitars and Equipment